jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can you find someone who wants a serious relationship on the internet dating sit

1. mystixsprings profile image79
    mystixspringsposted 7 years ago

Can you find someone who wants a serious relationship on the internet dating sites?

People and the commercials for the internet dating sites say that you can find your match.  I don't know if they really work or just another way to get your money without producing results.

2. Wendi M profile image80
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

Yes, you can. I met my husband on Match.com.  We had our first date on January 3, 2005, moved in together in 2007, and just got married on July 26, 2010.  The best thing that ever happened to me!  I've never met anyone more compatible, than he is, in my life.

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 7 years ago

I met some great friends on internet dating sites.  But I met my husband through a personal ad on craigslist.  It can be done.  All about knowing what you're looking for, being honest, and taking the chance.  That's my really long way of saying yes.  smile

4. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

Recent statistics indicate that one out of five relationship that began on line ends in marriage.

5. mystixsprings profile image79
    mystixspringsposted 7 years ago

I saw the answer of 1 out of 5 relationships that began on the Internet end in marriage on a Match.com commercial.  I think that it is one of their selling points.  The real question is do those marriages last over 7 years?

6. JayDee Sterling profile image61
    JayDee Sterlingposted 7 years ago

Sure you can, not only that but there are free online dating websites so money to use them is not an issue.  Go for it.

7. smcopywrite profile image27
    smcopywriteposted 6 years ago

i have personally seen the good and the bad where dating on the internet has led a lot of people. yes, you can find a great match on the web. however, you can also find one at AA, the psych ward you were both in (yes i have met the couple), but that being said-chips are stacked against you.
    i know a couple that met on the web and are happily married after five years.

working