jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you deal with friends who are using you for Financial Gain?

1. bluesradio profile image75
    bluesradioposted 19 months ago

How do you deal with friends who are using you for Financial Gain?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 19 months ago

I've never had a problem with this.
    In the past I've refused to co-sign on loans or buy Multi-level products and services from friends and relatives...etc
    However if someone is experiencing this issue they first of all need to take ownership for creating the problem. Saying "no" is your right!
    Each of us gets to (choose) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    We get to (choose) who we spend our time with!
    Being a friend doesn't mean one has to say "yes" to everything.
    If you lose a friend because you didn't give them money they weren't your friend to begin with. In order to be used (you) have to allow it.
    Everyone is entitled to have their own boundaries & deal breakers.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Hell, it isn't hard to say NO.  I have said NO many times to family.  Friends never did this to me.   My friends respected me & were on EQUAL paring.  Family was a different case.  I have DISOWNED the poorer, less successful members for THIS reas

3. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 19 months ago

Disassociate from them.  CUT THEM OUT OF your life.   Disown them.  When there is a cancer, you excise the cancer.  The same goes w/family members, disassociate & DISOWN the parasites.   Parasites are deadly in all its varieties, especially the human ones.

4. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 19 months ago

Is there a problem here? Two guys are friends. The same two are partners in a joint venture. One has a great business sense. The other great people and creative skills. They use each other for Financial Gain.
    So I reckon you deal with them honestly and share in profits according to the work.
    I write. Sometimes my friends make gain from my writing. How cool is that?