jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Did anyone get offended during the elections when they separated educated white

1. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 17 months ago

Did anyone get offended during the elections when they separated educated white females and

uneducated white females, and then white males and black males, etc.? It bothers me that they separate the whole country into all of these groups that way during the elections. I thought maybe it was just me but I have talked to other people that feel the same way.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12952419_f260.jpg

Why get offended? There are people who maintain that Trump voters are uneducated & bigoted when such isn't necessarily the case.   The American people HAVE SPOKEN.  They have had enough of the extreme liberalism under the Obama regime.   They see how Obama"care" was a total disaster.  Many Blacks contend that they were worst socioeconomically under Obama than any other president.   There are Black pundits who maintain that Obama did NOTHING for the Black community. 

Contrary to the sociopolitical stereotypes, there were educated people of both genders & various ethnicities/races who voted FOR Trump because he would repair America socioeconomically.   There are Blacks who saw Trump is the beginning of new things in America.  Now, some Liberals are react with hyperbole the way that some Conservatives react hyperbolically under the Obama regime.   The Trump presidency ISN'T the end or the harbinger of bad times but is simply a NEW beginning.   Just give Trump a chance, what does America has to lose.

1. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Blacks voted for Trump? That's interesting. My brother, who is a doctor, said Obamacare caused him a lot of grief because of nonreinbursement for medical bills. He didn't vote for Trump, but saw the voters' point.

2. Linda Joy Johnson profile image94
      Linda Joy Johnsonposted 17 months agoin reply to this

On the contrary, as an African American, I can speak for myself.  There were many who cried tears of joy when Obama was elected, and cried tears of bitter waters when Trump won.  We have more to lose than you can even pathom.

3. Ericdierker profile image51
    Ericdierkerposted 17 months ago

I do not get the ranker here. I am born and bred in the Southwest. A town teetering on 12K when I was born. We used races and age and gender and all kinds of things to describe a person. 59 years later I still have friends from real near birth. And I hate to break it to people but many are black, many Mexican Americans, Basque immigrants and ton of Hopi and Navajo, Chinese and Italian to a lesser extent which is me, sort of.
    Someone calling me a name had to do a lot more than point out my origins, age, race and gender to get me excited. Back then it was calling your mother something bad -- full on fighting words where your violence was not punished.
    I am proud of who I am. Back in '76 I got spit on just for being an American, living in France there was a disdain. But boy was I proud to be an American. And all my life I have been proud to be an illegitimate bastard who was adopted. It is what it is but it ain't who I am.

1. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Oh Eric!  I love you!  Your soul hates no man!  I pray for you everyday!  I pray the LORD opens the eyes of your heart!  I know HE will!  I don't care how much you hate me; I love you (your soul)!

2. Ericdierker profile image51
      Ericdierkerposted 17 months agoin reply to this

And this is a good thing you say Norine. If all is based in love then the heart has no overflow which causes dissension.

4. Linda Joy Johnson profile image94
    Linda Joy Johnsonposted 17 months ago

I did not get offended because statisticians always have to quantify the data to fit a certain category.  It is like labeling kids as "specials" in school and somewhat akin to "profiling". Yes, I am being a bit sarcastic but I was taught a while ago that figures lie and liars figure.

I am a college educated African American female and since I was not polled about my views I am quite indifferent about the findings of the separation of groups.  African Americans have always been separated, as other minorities in this country, and with the new President elect, the separation is going to grow deeper, wider, and longer.  What offends me is the arrogance of this country and its denial that all of us are immigrants and/or descendants of immigrants (some came on their own accord and others were transported here for the purpose of a slavery).

5. Susan Cummings profile image75
    Susan Cummingsposted 17 months ago

Progressives like to group people instead of recognizing them as individuals. Our country has become collective minded. The protected classes were established so everyone they can take advantage of gets put neatly into their own box.

6. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 17 months ago

Not really. I'm in the category of "educated white females" but my ancestry is Native American, too. You see, I'm not allowed to officially call myself a Native American or a Cherokee or any kind of minority because my skin is white and my ancestors dropped off the Trail of Tears. When I lived in Texas and got a good tan, people thought I was Mexican until they heard me speak with an Ozark accent. My point is that we are a country of diversity, and the government, not necessarily our next door neighbor and not the media, puts us in those boxes.

1. Ericdierker profile image51
      Ericdierkerposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I told my wife once that she was white and pure like the finest porcelain. She quipped back that Vietnamese are the yellow man. So I asked her what am I. "everyone knows you are American". She considers us a race that she has now joined.

2. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 17 months agoin reply to this

That is beautiful, Eric.

working