jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

To the men: if it were your choice and money was no object, would you have more

1. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 15 months ago

To the men:  if it were your choice and money was no object, would you have more than one wife?

2. CYong74 profile image96
    CYong74posted 15 months ago

Hell no. I want to be able to sleep easily in the night.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 15 months ago

I don't think too many men would want to live under one roof with more than one woman.
    Maybe there are some men who imagine having multiple sex partners but if that's the case it makes no sense to get married at all.
    In fact those people who cheat usually aren't looking to replace one relationship with another.  They either want to complement what they already have or feel is missing with their spouse or they simply love the thrill of being with someone (new) or desire to escape from their "norm". One of the key aspects of marriage is establishing stability.
    If a man needs to be with someone new for "variety's sake" I would imagine being married to 10 women still would not be enough for that type of man. At some point he'd want someone (new).
    People with incessant behavior always get bored standing still.
    However according to the bible: 1 Kings 11:3
    King Solomon had (700 wives and 300 concubines).
    My guess is even the most insatiable person wouldn't want that!
    For the sake of equality it would be interesting to know if there women who wish they could have multiple husbands!
    My guess is you wouldn't find many takers there either. smile

4. walmart cher profile image60
    walmart cherposted 15 months ago

despite the media hype of open marriages and polyamory, these arrangements are fraught with more jealousy and fighting than 'boring' vanilla two person relationships.  i know, tv shows and movies and lifestyle columns would have us believe everyone and their grandma is in an open relationship.  talk to any man whose wife divorced him for cheating.

no, i wouldn't go down this road.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 15 months ago

Nope. I already have the best wife in the world, so adding any more wouldn't be fair to the newcomer(s). big_smile

6. Ceegen profile image79
    Ceegenposted 15 months ago

It's tempting, but no thanks. I just couldn't bring myself to put a woman who loves me through the agony of seeing me with another. It wouldn't be fair to her, and it just seems wrong. I for one wouldn't want to be one husband of many to a single wife, so the reverse must be true.