jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Is it alright for your mate to accept a meal prepared by someone from the opposi

1. agoins profile image71
    agoinsposted 13 months ago

Is it alright for your mate to accept a meal prepared by someone from the opposite sex.

2. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 13 months ago

Hi Agoins, without having all the facts concerning the invitation, I would suggest that if the meal is just for friendship sake, the mate should ask to bring along the partner.  That would be alright.

agoinsposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I'm sorry I may have put it wrong if the opposite sex brings food they made to your mate not a sit down meal invite.

MsDoraposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Sorry.  Let me know if this is the correct scenario:  Someone prepares food for another person who is married to someone else.  They do not necessarily dine together. If so, it could or could not be alright.  We need more information.

3. agoins profile image71

Not married but a female feels it is ok to still bring your mate good that she prepared. Knowing he is in a relationship. Is that ok in your opinion. They work in the same place.

4. MsDora profile image94

Agoins, it is not alright if the person in the relationship is offended by it.  The offended should be open with the mate about feelings; and the mate (not the offended) should ask the cook to discontinue if he cares about the offended.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

If it is his mother, sister or other relative, no issue.
    If it is a neighbor or friend from church dropping off a casserole to help because someone is sick, had a baby, lost a job, no issue, it is charity.
    If it is someone who is constantly giving him food to show she cares, there is a problem and she is violating boundaries.

That's exactly what I thought thank you

Perfect!

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 13 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13341905_f260.jpg

If it's just a case of two co-workers having had a discussion about a particular dish (lasagna or whatever) in the past and the next time she or he made it they brought some into work to share....etc
    That wouldn't be a big deal to me.
    Having said that if it became "their daily routine" that would be out of the norm in my opinion. You might question their motives.
    One would have to believe it's impossible for the opposite sex to be platonic friends. No one would question it if two same sex people brought in leftovers to share (from time to time).
    Oddly enough if they were bringing in donuts, pizza, or food from a fast food joint no one would think anything of it.
    There's something about "homemade" that personalizes things especially if you believe food really is the way to a man's heart.

working