jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How would you accept a break up in a relationship?

1. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 3 months ago

How would you accept a break up in a relationship?

Breaking up is a difficult process.
    How would you accept your break up afterwards?

2. Michael-Milec profile image61
    Michael-Milecposted 3 months ago

Specifically "break up" in a marriage or just in a common uncommitted relationship? The one is long life commitment " as long as we both live." If that sounds "old fashioned", so be it. To my understanding if two people who chose one another by love, to live together and raised family together, if later on creates a conflict, resulting in brake up - that person should quit living. Why put a loving, carrying, honest decent person into the unhealthy miserable position ?
    Imagine a  vow " If  you leave me I'll kill you?" The cowards are not worthy of trust in any human relationship. Consider innocent children for a moment who deserve two parents and loving family athmosphehre; they do not deserve adult people's stupidity!
    Simply a brake up is unacceptable thus a difficult process is nullified.
    At one point in my life I was dealing with young prospective couples and officiating the wedding ceremony. My advise to hem "A first one-hundred years in a marriage is try-out  process life together. I never been there yet, however  working on it  requires sharing your best with your "partner" having the best both of us under good or bad circumstances as long as we both live.

1. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 3 months agoin reply to this

'' that person should quit living.'' I don't agree that a person that wants to leave the relationship should stop living. The break up should be peaceful. Thank you for sharing you opinion.

2. Michael-Milec profile image61
      Michael-Milecposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Let me clarify, namely "the person causing tear up the relationship" (leaving it) actually that person is 'de facto' dead. Doesn’t exist in the original unit, made the other persons life miserable, nothing is alive anymore as it should have been

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13764533_f260.jpg

Rarely does a breakup come as a "complete surprise".
    More often than not there has been signs such as arguing more frequently, less physical intimacy, less conversations, less laughter, living on autopilot and simply growing apart.
    There are three basic reasons why couples breakup
    1. They chose the wrong mate. (They're too incompatible)
    2. A "deal breaker" was committed in the eyes of another.
    3. They fell out of love/stopped wanting the same things.
    Over time we're either "growing together" or "growing apart".
    Emotional divorce usually precedes legal divorce.
    When it comes to breaking up I'm a realist and an optimist.
    Naturally there is a challenge while adjusting but ultimately I would not want to be with anyone who didn't want to be with me.
    In order for your (ex) to be "the one" they would have to see (you) as being "the one". At the very least a "soulmate" is someone who actually wants to be with you! (And vice versa)
    In a world with over (7 Billion) people rejection means: NEXT!
    Every ending is a new beginning.

1. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 3 months agoin reply to this

''Every ending is a new beginning.'' That is how one should see their break up. It means learning from all mistakes. Thank you.

working