why do girls love shoes so much?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Supatrupa profile image60
    Supatrupaposted 14 years ago

My little daughter is obsessed with shoes! I mean I've just been back a week serving in afghan and all she can talk about is shoes shoes shoes.. I guess next time I won't leave her with my fashionista sister whose turned my little girl into a complete sissy..!!

But it seems thats what most girls do these days.. go shopping and all they buy is shoes and clothes... I've been wearing black gum boots for a long time so guess I've forgotten why we love shoes so much so somebody educate me on this...

Thanks.

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cause they got feet.  It carries over through their entire life.

2. profile image50
      niceroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm new member to this forum and i'm here to know more and more about business and all.  So i want all useful tips and information to promote my business. I hope here i get all the informative information which help to upgrate my business. Just connect with the forums all always share more informations. I'm always ready for give and take informations.
      There are so many Air Max Shoes,Dunk Sb Shoes,Gucci Shoes,Prada Shoes,Puma Shoes,Basketball Shoes,Cheap Real Bags Purse,Cheap T-Shirt from http://www.shoestimes.com.  It has plenty of dresses of different styles and different outfits, and It is sure that at least one of those must be to your taste.

1. profile image57
        BarkerMarineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm very obsessed with shoes too. Men Shoes UK is my favorite place to buy shoes from. Thank you for sharing your link. I'll visit it.

3. Larchinski profile image68
      Larchinskiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have never been into shoes but I have never been a feminine (girlie girl), so I can't really help on the girl/woman thing on shoes.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

When I find a girl who likes to shop I'll ask lol I'm not one for shopping and buying clothes or shoes...and yes I am female big_smile By the way welcome to hubpages

Supatrupaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I'm happy to find another female whose not obsessed with shopping and shoes

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol my mom hated it..she hopes that I have a girly girl when we have kids...I'm hoping she'll b like me a tomboy...don't tihnk i could handle a girly girl lol

my daughter was a tomboy until i left her to my sister ... big mistake.. everything now has to be in pink and heels! its terrible i tell u wink

1. profile image0

yikes You mean if I leave my, hopfeully if I have one, tomboy daughter with my mom...she'll turn her all girlie? OH NO THE HORROR! lol I might have to supervise those visits hahahaha

indeed! supervision is whole lot better than trying to cure the girliness!! big_smile

1. profile image0

hehehe supervision it is lol cure girleness...I bet my mom wished she could have cured my tomboyness lol

1. mega1 profile image80
                  mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey! crazd! you got a little e thingy!  what is that?  I know they told me but I forget!

and I never got to be girly, had to have plenty of muscle to hold my own as youngest and smallest - but there were great tradeoffs - I'll think of them any minute now

3. SummerSteward profile image61
    SummerStewardposted 14 years ago

because they are beauuttiiifffulll!

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

It's genetic! My grandmother loved shoes, my mom loved shoes, my daughters love shoes, and even my young granddaughters love shoes!! Ergo, I luvs me some shoes, too!

5. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I have a hard time finding shoes that fit me (one foot way larger than the other) so I have never been able to wear high heels or other funny shoes.  But I love them as art - and have just today discovered that there are shoe museums!  so now I am researching them - maybe your daughter would be interested in the history and weirdness of all the shoes in the world - from the moccasin to the platform super-star shoes!  I am really enjoying these images.  People can get really funny about their feet!

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

a strange funny shoe from the virtual shoe museum:

http://www.virtualshoemuseum.com/vsm/files/Kobe_Miao1.jpg

7. SummerSteward profile image61
    SummerStewardposted 14 years ago

Mega1! How do I post a pic?

anyhoo.. I want these in my closet!!!!

http://www.hemmy.net/images/fashion/weirdshoe14.jpg

1. mega1 profile image80

when you're in the reply window there is Formatting Tips in blue in lower right corner - click there and follow instructions for images - basically you put

this: [img]http://(the url or address of pic)[/img]

there are other formatting tips there too.

oh, and you get the url for the photo by right clicking on the photo and copying the url from the "properties" (it has to be a jpg image)

1. SummerSteward profile image61
        SummerStewardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you!

8. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

the same reason we guys love wearing pink lace close to our skin.. it makes us feel confident and sexy smile

9. Rafini profile image80
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Why do women like shoes?  That is a very good question!  I like to look at shoes, but not buy them - cuz they wouldn't fit anyway!  lol  Shoemakers don't realize not all women have a narrow size 6 1/2 - 7 foot!!

10. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I like flip flops and bare feet.  smile

1. Rafini profile image80
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm barefoot most of the time too   lol
      Kind of out of necessity, though, so my shoes last as long as they can lol

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aww

I just dont like the feeling of shoes, I hate having stuff on my feet.

1. Rafini profile image80
          Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me neither, or so my mom told me.  She told me how, when I was young, I would take my shoes off as soon as we got on the bus and then leave them there!!  But, as an adult, you get used to wearing shoes when you work a full-time 40 hour a week job...and then when you're unemployed you get back into the habit of not wearing shoes!  I'm happy with it.  smile  lol

11. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

My youngest daughter is an absolute shoeaholic.  She has so many shoes she can't keep track.  She has shoes she has never even worn yet, of course, she was going to just die if she didn't get them... LOL.

12. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

I refuse to live my life without stilettos!!!
    smile

13. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

for the same reason we love anything else...they make us happy and feel good. we feel good when we look good. an outfit that doesn't have matching shoes doesn't look good there for it makes us not feel good. some are very comfortable to our feet which are very sensitive. so this also helps us feel good and makes us happy.

14. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

The feet are located right next to the genitals in the portion of the brain responsible for sensation.  Thus, shoe shopping is closer to sex than people realize.

1. mega1 profile image80

never knew that - which is why I adore to have my feet rubbed and warmed and bathed - oooooh a foot bath!  right now!

2. mega1 profile image80

I dutifully went off to research about this and found this and haven't been able to stop laughing:  (it is worth reading!)

SCIENTISTS REPORT BRAIN CENTER BRAIN CENTER; ANNOUNCE CENTER CENTER CENTER.

NeuroCooking NewsService, Kensington Maryland, 1 April 2010: In an announcement of stunning importance, leading neuroscientists today reported the discovery of the brain center dedicated to subserving belief in dedicated brain centers, and the founding of a research center devoted to study of the newly-discovered brain center for brain centers.

"Those functional neuroimaging reports of dedicated brain centers for things like pinball, banjo music, and knitting? Some people believe that stuff, and some don't," said Dr. Wan Ker of Bigger University, who led the study. "We asked why only some people believe it, and used functional brain imaging to answer the question. We found, in the subicular insula, a region that 'lights up' only in people who believe that stuff, and only when they believe it. So, we have found the brain center that subserves belief in brain centers."

Capitalizing on their findings, Prof. Ker and colleagues also announced the establishment of the Center for the Study of the Center for Centers (a.k.a. the Center Center Center) as well as plans to file for related patents. They have already filed a patent on using fMRI to select people with especially active center centers for journal editorial boards. No word on whether Center Center Center candidates will have their center centers assessed.

3. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Huh?

4. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Omg I knew the real reason I loved shoes so much. I am never going to repress my shoe cravings again.

15. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Cos we are still working out how to walk in the little buggers

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/881491_f496.jpg

16. profile image49
    sophiasmithposted 14 years ago

I love shoes so so so much! I have so many pair I don't know what to do with. I found my most recent pair of shoes at EastLayneShoes, an online store. Have a look at all the heels its crazy!

17. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

Shoes are an extension of out legs. Women who love shoes often see themselves as beautiful. If your little girl is showing signs of loving shoes that means she loves her feet and that is a good thing. Usually the love of shoes go hand in hand with small or pretty feet and toes. A woman with huge or unsightly feet will wear shoes which will cover her unsightliness and won't pay much attention to such things.

Your little girl is confident and wont suffer any self esteem issues so don't discourage her.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)