Sex before marriage: is it a SIN?

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (155 posts)
  1. mikoas profile image60
    mikoasposted 14 years ago

We can see and understand around the globe that sex among the youths and adult has become cramper to extend that before marriage millions have abort pregnant and other.  This question was asked by a brother,is a SIN to have sex before marriage?
    Please I need your urgent answers thanks
    Mike Omoasegun

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is a sin.  Anyone who has sex before marriage should obviously be burned at the stake or made to suffer some equally horrible punishment.  Anyone who displays any sort of human-like behavior that is not totally and completely encouraged by some religious text regardless of how instinctive or natural it is should be destroyed and made an example of.

mikoasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks shadesbreath, it is a sin, please what can we do in order to minimize this sin in our churches and Christianity?

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
          Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I think we should burn the sinners, personally.  I'm even a fan of bringing back the old draw-and-quarter system.  But really anything from the time of the Inquisition is fine.  Or, as an option, since Eve and her sisters are the real problem, send all these sex-obsessed women to me and I will discipline them myself.  You gather them up and send them, I will punish them as they deserve.  Let's fix this together!!!!

1. Rod Marsden profile image67
            Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see where you are coming from Shadesbreath.Tallyho!

2. mikoas profile image60

We should burn the sinner, is it rightful fr us to do so as human being like them? I believe that the Bible teach us about repentance. what do you see about it? Repentance message to all

shadesbreath is joking.

3. Elena. profile image84
            Elena.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, I jumped into this idiotic forum thread because Haunty's post made me laugh mightily.  Now I can see there is much to be said for idiotic forum threads, much much much to be gained from these pills of knowledge. 

OI, somebody get me a hanky 'cause I can't see what I'm typing with so much laugh-induced crying.

2. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol
          Satire not your long suit??? lol lol lol

We're getting into some cold weather here. Maybe a long suit ain't such a bad idea.

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
          Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

FORGIVE them. Stop worrying about their lives and live your own life, and do it well and peacefully. Otherwise, you are not a follower of Jesus.

4. sagbee profile image57
          sagbeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you people think it is a sin? Let people do what they want.. Its their own choice to do or not to do.. its all in the head of a person.. its their personal choice... Well, according to me it is not a sin..why would people have to wait for some marriage institution to show their love?

1. goldenpath profile image68
            goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly right!  Choice.  We all have been given that grand agency of choice.  There are good and bad choices.  To be happy is not to live without boundaries or rules.  That is the mask or "appearance" of happiness.  Those choices that foster restraint, character building, family structure and the covenant between a man and a woman are good choices.  Choices that cater to only gender instinct, lust and/or that temporary "rush" of gamble are not good choices and should be avoided at all costs.  The kinds of choices one makes can easily be seen in the countenance of an individual.  More often than not people seek those with attributes exhibiting a code of conduct and the character built upon that code.

2. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

On the other hand, I suppose we sho0uld teach them early how to do it right. Start at say age 10?

3. Disturbia profile image61
        Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, burn them at the stake... and can I have some fries with that, please.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sex between adults before marrage is NOT A SIN. First of all, sins are man made and before the invention of modern medicines, having sex before marrage was not a good idea because the wide spread of VD. The whole idea of have sex after marrage was to narrow your sex partners down to one.

2. princess g profile image60
      princess gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no, I don't believe so

give us your own suggestion to end or minimize this acts in our churches and christianity.

1. aka-dj profile image64
          aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is a sin. It's also referred to as fornication.

Sex is supposed to be between a man and a woman, who have made a vow, a covenant, of mariage, that will last a lifetime. At least, that's the original idea.

What the Church should do about it is a big subject. I believe it should teach, and uphold the selfsame standard. But as long as divorce rates among believers is the same as in the world, it sends the message that we hold the same standard as the world. Lead by example is what I'm saying, I think. big_smile

There's also a very weak approach on preaching in most churches with regard to the seriousness of sin. People have a very twisted view these days about what is right and wrong. Jus keep reading posts on these forums and you will soon see what I mean.

As for asking the question, you can expect a lot of abusive posts from opponents of faith and religion, so be warned. sad

Yes thanks,  we are in the forum all of  us has equal right to make hi or her points.
            All teacher and preacher of the Gospel should teach it in their various churches, services, seminar, etc. Thanksooooooooooo

2. elayne001 profile image77
            elayne001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with aka-dj. In our church, the youth are held to very high standards. They are advised not to date before age 16 and then double date or in groups. It helps a lot when they are not alone with all their hormones raging. But if they do fall, they can repent. It is considered a sin in our church.

3. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi there, Mr Holier-than-thou Preacher man,

I see you already know the answer. Or - at least you seem to feel you have a right to tell everyone else what they should be doing.

Answer me this:

What is the business with the asking of the questions? I see a lot of religionists do this - as though they want an answer - when they already have an easy-peasy answer ready to go.

Why ask the question if you already think you have an answer?

Because this makes you appear to be a liar, looking for an argument. And god punishes liars as bad as he punishes people who have sex without government sanctioned paperwork.

I have another question for you also - you may be holier than thou enough to know this one:

How many people do I have to have has sex with out of wedlock before I get a badge?

4. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why do you even care what people are doing with their lives, is it really any of your business???

5. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is the urgency such that you are planning to have sex with someone and need to know in a hurry?

6. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm almost sure that having sex with you would be a sin ! lol

7. Haunty profile image74
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marriage before sex: is it a SIN?

1. Elena. profile image84
        Elena.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

OI, Haunty! I caught this in Feed, and I'll say, it's the heartiest laugh this week yet!

To answer your question: I don't know about it being a sin, but it's definitely stupid!  Laugh

2. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile good one!
        Besides, nothing like SINFUL sex....! wink

8. profile image57
      here-i-amposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think everyone should try each other out berfore marriage. It is a big part of it and if you are not compatible your marriage probally won't work. Would you buy a care with out test driving it first?

9. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thnk the biggest sin you have to worry about with this post is that we can see your lips moving but we don't know what you are trying to say! hmm

What exactly does 'become cramper' mean? hmm

If your brother is harrassing you to have sex with him before marriage... perhaps you should remind him that the term 'brotherly love' does not have to be extended to such an extent. hmm

Seriously Ignorant Nonsense.... this sin stuff lol

10. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mike,
      The concept of uniting for the purposes of physical pleasure, procreation and unity of male-female is not at all sinful.

Marriage by all points is that unity.

So, immediately when a man & woman enter into physical (in some beliefs, mental or emotional) connection, it is a marriage.
      It is well known for many years, men had many wives -Solomon included. The sin enters when one of them departs for the lust of someone else or an unnatural source of affection/unity/pleasure.

So, sex is the marriage itself, yes.
      Adultery, fornication (arousal of desire/passion without care or cause for unity, momentary satisfaction), divorce, etc would be the sin.

James

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

"The sin enters when one of them departs for the lust of someone else or an unnatural source of affection/unity/pleasure."

so how do you have multiple wives/husbands if you "depart for the lust of someone else"  or are you saying as long as you keep having sex with the first one, you can have another, and another!  Then, as long as you keep them all happy with plenty of sex/love then you're ok to go!

I love that idea - we would all keep each other happy all the time and wow - so many problems would just evaporate!  but then, now I am remembering how jealous I used to get! 

tongue:

1. mega1 profile image79

yep, after 20 seconds of deep thought, I find that jealousy IS the ONLY sin!  so - bite me!  lol

2. profile image0

you're funny.
          orgy was not the image i was depicting.

my own opium on the issue: if people deny the urge to have sex, they are silly. It is natural for a man to want a woman, vis a vie.
          but to do it for sport alone -meaning self satisfaction- is even sillier.
          sexually inept aka today's society has all but devalued the fun/joy of marriage and unity of that marriage (children), ranging from celibacy to "prepackaged chryovac kiddy pods" that any one can buy for a price, defrost and voi la, instant family. Not to exclude the ever increasing sexually alternate generation, entertainment industry -the list is endless.

2. Obscure Divine profile image60
        Obscure Divineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, "marriage" (in today's world) is just a paper contract with or without a ring, that often ends up getting nullified.  Besides, monogamy isn't natural for animals.  Praise be penetration!  LOL!

1. Danny R Hand profile image60
          Danny R Handposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sex outside of marriage is a sin, but Why? Intercourse is the ONLY way to SHARE YOUR SPIRIT! It has effects most people don't consider. So God deemed it a sin FOR OUR PROTECTION. Alot of people will never get that.

1. Obscure Divine profile image60

Ha-ha-ha!  Once again:  Praise be penetration, fornication, and sexual sensations!  tongue

1. profile image0

OD, are your hormones ragin` lol.
              we get it.
              i am married and heterosexual. big_smile

11. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no it is not a sin.

married people have abortions too, by the way...

12. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mike:
      You're not kidding are you!?
      LUDICROUS!

13. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Depends what she looks like.

14. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I believe it is.  However, it is only a sin for those under the law, that is, those who have been taught the gospel and the doctrinal importance of the marriage vow.  To those who have not it's a transgression.  Yes, they are different.

I believe the family structure is after the manner of Adam and Eve who were, indeed, married eternally.  Copulation did not happen until after the Fall.  The powers of creation are of the most sacred on the Earth and are to be employed within the bonds of marriage.  All else is just carnal living without restraint.

How to control the problem?  Stick to your guns.  Churches must stick, unwaivering, to their doctrines and precepts on marriage regardless of popular modern interpretations.  A ship without an anchor is at the mercy of the winds.  Stay grounded with a firm foundation and just keep teaching the correct family principles to our young. 

These are perilous times when "mens hearts will fail them."  The children of man need to have a focus and a foundation upon which to strive for - especially when they are in the midst of a tossing ship at sail.

2. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

The world is changing and with it the customs of the land. Today most people believe they will reach the age of 80 and possibly a decade or so beyond that. Weddings have become incredibly lavish and expensive arrangements and it is rare for someone under twenty five to wed. A lot of people wed in their thirties after having lived with the other for a couple of years.

Back in the days of the Anglo-Saxons in England a female child would be born to a peasant family and the father would buy a piglet to raise. If famine doesn't come and if war is kept away then the piglet grows up with the daughter and on her wedding day the pig is the pork of the feast. There would be a bathing ceremony for both bride and groom before the webbing ceremony and the meal of the wedding feast would be enjoyed by friends and well-wishers which generally meant the village in its entirety. An expensive business for those days but if the father planned well in the beginning the cost isn't so bad for the family, the piglet becoming a pig and then pork an investment in the future. A girl would marry at around the age of 16 or 17. The groom wouldn't be much older. At a time when most men and women did not live beyond the age of 35 it was mandatory to get mating started as soon as it could be or there might not be a future generation. Today we don't have that consideration.

Maybe living together before marriage is a sin but the law recognizes it as a modern day fact or at least in Australia. On income tax forms you will see the words De facto. It has been hoped that more living together before marriage will result in less divorces.

If you are serious about lessening the incidents of people living together before marriage you might look at the expensive nature of marriage and figure out how you can make it less expensive. Money's tight will a lot of people right now.

Yes! thanks for your comments. There is law of the land and there is Biblical truth of the marriage. in you own view of point as a Christian, is it good to have sex before marriage either with your spouse or another person?

If two people are faithful to one another without the Church's say so they may well be already married in the sight of God anyway and so the wedding is only  something for the preacher and the relatives.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

My question is why is someone seriously asking if sex before marriage is a "SIN", in a religious forum thread?

One would think that the person who came to a religious forum thread, at least had common-knowledge of what their religion says "SIN" is in the first place.

So, can a person post to a religious forum thread and be clueless. Well, I guess the posted OP proves that to be the case.

Just my thoughts on the topic. wink

4. Niteriter profile image61
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I think the original meaning of "sin" was more like "mistake" than like "really horrible deed". For me, the more beautiful the woman, the more likely I will make a mistake. And then I spend the rest of my time hiding from Shadesbreath!

I don't agree that it is merely a mistake. I'd say "bent" better describes us as comitters of sin.
      I strongly agree with your point on shadesbreath. lol lol lol

Hidden from shadebreath? you do not want him to take action on you? Na wah oooo

1. Niteriter profile image61
        Niteriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shadesbreath threatened to take all the women for himself... after burning poor slobs like me. I gotta run from him so he can't take my women!

5. Niteriter profile image61

I'm bent over laughing right now! I gotta run before Shadesbreath shows up!

lol lol lol
      Let's see who runs faster.
      lol lol lol

Wait...

What am I saying?
      I have no ned to run....I haven't done anything wrong....

lol lol lol

run to where? do you think shadesbreath will not see you there?

1. Niteriter profile image61
        Niteriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think Shadesbreath has stolen the Eye of Providence yet. I'm pretty sure he can't see me when I'm hidden. But I could be wrong...

pls don't let him see you ooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

well ir may not stolen the Eye of Providence, but may be has agent around watching you?

6. Niteriter profile image61

Ha ha! Good one! I think Shadebreath has left; he hasn't risen to any of the bait. Too bad!

7. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Not having sex before marriage is a sin.

1. myownworld profile image73

big_smile perfectly sums it up!

btw. don't u know, it's a 'sin' to think so much of sex too...so better get back to some praying to take your mind off it....

8. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Only if you dont get it smile

9. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

One more thread from religion lovers to keep eye on what other people should do in there life... utter crap..

10. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

If you saw the things I see, you would wait for marriage to have sex.
    People come in to have these lasered off. The problem is that many of the warts return over and over. The sexual partners of our patients who  transmitted the disease was in first stages and the problem wasn't visible yet.

I found photos on the internet for you to view

Really gross..you don't have to click on these thumbnails..just put your cursor on them. Don't stop on the first page. The last picture on the second page shows how it can also grown on/in the mouth.
    http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/resu … 1449379264

On these click on the thumbnails to see larger pictures.
    http://dermis.multimedica.de/dermisroot … agnose.htm

11. stephensaldana profile image61
    stephensaldanaposted 14 years ago

Sex before marriage is a sin according to Quraan .. According to me its all in the head.. the decision should be left on the person.. just stopping them by telling that its a sin this or that must not be good.. If you do it after marriage or before its all up to you..

12. brethodge profile image40
    brethodgeposted 14 years ago

I do believe taht sex before marriage is not actually a sin but must not be done .. Some things should be done on the proper time and shouldn't be hurried..

13. davvvvyc profile image61
    davvvvycposted 14 years ago

The bible says "the marriage bed is undefiled." It does not say the unmarried bed is. In I Cor. 6:19 it says our bodies are temples of Holy Spirit and fornicators and adulterers go to hell, lit. "don't inherit the Kingdom of God." Do not pass go do not inherit $250.00.

14. profile image0
    SwampDonkeyposted 14 years ago

Marriage before $ex is a sin. You dont buy a car without a test drive! big_smile

1. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Comnparing people and relationships with them to property?

2. brethodge profile image40
      brethodgeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ahhahahahaha/.....SwanpDonkey you have given a very cool example.. lols.. but  lots of people do not believe in test drive before buying a car.. haha

15. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Sex is a gift, not a sin. The sin would be in using sex to cause hurt. In the case of child molesters or rapists for example.

When sex is discovered and experimented with, as young people, there are risks that could be life changing, or life ending. Young people should be made aware of the risks and responsibilities and allowed to make up their own minds as to when they are ready.

The ancient Dogma of holiness requiring the suffering of the righteous has led to the belief that the only good people are the masochists (those people that willingly suffer). This is one major wrong turn in my opinion.

Sex, when done correctly, spreads love, compassion, understanding, joy, connectedness and goodness.

Young people are ready when they decide they are ready. We have to educate them so they make good choices, including the choice of WHEN to have sex for the first time.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

What happens when it's done incorrectly?  wink

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People get hurt.

Hearts get broken, unwanted pregnancies, and social rejection can occur. Diseases and possible death are other consequences to doing it incorrectly.

Maybe I should have asked, "How do you have sex incorrectly?"

Any ole' orifice won't do, right?  smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
            Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AH, you're talking about the actual mechanics involved causing physical pain... I was talking about the powerful emotions involved and the emotional pain that is possible.

The mechanics of the physical side are pretty simple and I don't think anyone over the age of twelve will be having a hard time understanding that part of it. But if you are truly confused about the mechanics of it, I would suggest that you are not ready for the act itself.

I'll hold off then as I wouldn't want to do it incorrectly.

Well, it's off to the hockey arena with the kids. wink

thanks my brother, you get it all. i think you a reader of the Bible

16. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

Sex is messy and spreads disease, so I say let's do away with real sex all together.

It's not like it's even necessary for procreation anymore, we can all go pick out our designer babies from the fertility clinic when we are ready.

So, let's just all avail ourselves of the enormous volume of adult toys and marital aids available on the market today and we can all please ourselves and have our orgasms in the shower every morning.  That way we won't have to worry about if sex (pre-marital, extra-marital, or homosexual) is a sin or not anymore.

I hope you were only joking there. Sex between two consenting adults who love each other is the MOST beautiful experience ever....and no 'toy' or 'aid' comes ANYWHERE close to the actual thing - so no, I wouldn't want to give it up for anything in the world!

1. Disturbia profile image61

LOL!  Well yes, I was just joking when I wrote it, but .... now the more I think about it the better the whole idea sounds to me... just kidding.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Sex before marriage is ok as long as you love each other! being responsible is also good, like using contraceptive if youre not yet ready etc

For the youth, consider the sexual risk involve and be responsible always, most of teenage pregnancies ruin youths  chances for a better life as they usually stop going to school etc.

18. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I think sex is good anytime! (Any of you ladies busy?)

But if you believe it's a sin, and that's your culture and your religion, then it's a sin! (And I'm glad that isn't my belief)!

Call me ladies! wink

19. Obscure Divine profile image60
    Obscure Divineposted 14 years ago

I like to test drive my vehicles before I buy them.  Hmm, or perhaps it might be better to just drive other peoples' cars and never buy anything...

Obscure Divine or are you The Saint? Sounds like Simon Templar talk to me!

Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  No, it was just a metaphor, showing what I think about sex before marriage...  I'm not settling down with anyone unless I'm satisfied with their performance, beforehand.  It is an erotic prerequisite, for me.

2. myownworld profile image73

big_smile In some parts of the world, you can get stoned to death for that! No wait, that's something else...!

Easy on that stoning stuff, wild thang!  Just don't start trying to cut anything off with a dull machete...  Yikes!  LOL!

yikes  big_smile

20. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

If there is a god and sex before marriage is a sin:
    I am sooooooo going to hell!! Or will have a lot of explaining to do with St.Peter at the pearly gates

St. Peter's probably heard it all before. A nice smile might do the trick.

21. skyfire profile image78

Those who think it's SIN are not having fun i guess, they just want to multiply for god's sake...duh..

Sex  INatural ..... with or without marriage...

Thanks you all for your comments, nevertheless, SEX before marriage is a SIN and is one of the causes of broken home today. Many people that have SEX before marriage mostly to those that they did not married become an acid that decade the entire body. Is better to keep your body HOLY in order to enjoying the best of the rest in your marriage.
      Remember, fornication is the factor that killed SAMSON of the Bible. Joseph of the Bible fulfilled God' Destiny because he ran away from SEX before marriage that brought to him from his master's wife (Genesis 39:7-12). Friends, be wise and keep to God's commandment in order to enjoying the best in lives. thanks

you're entitled to your views, but one question please: why is sex in all caps?
        it might unnecessarily tempt someone you know....

1. Greek One profile image63
          Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is in caps because grammatically, "SEX" means intercourse, while "sex" means oral sex and "xes" mean sodomy

2. skyfire profile image78
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Beelzedad profile image59

That's some of the funniest out-of-touch-with-reality stuff I've read in a while. Could be why you have that "furrowed brow" look, not enough SEX and too much HOLY. big_smile

22. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

how can making one scream out God's name over and over again be a sin?

By the same token, my wife keeps trying to convince me that sex after marriage is a sin sad

You too, huh...  It is amazing how religious an orgasm can be; I think they call that "spreading the word" or is that something else?  LOL!

2. Disturbia profile image61

OH GOD!  OH GOD!  OH GOD!  OH GOD!

sorry.. did i leave my windows open? lol

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course when you get these..you scream OH God, even louder.
      The last picture on the second page shows how it can also grown on/in the mouth.
      http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/resu … 1449379264

23. skyfire profile image78

Generalization and assumptions at its best. What about couples who are not having good sex in their life(after marriage) ?they shouldn't break their marriage right? they just need to talk and sort it out for love of jesus eh ?

Being virgin is more HOLY than having sex, so let's become virginal item that will keep all SIN away, but hey we have to spread Christianity. Multiple then spread words of jesus, so ikuzo..

So you want whole globe to follow this ? cool, preaching begins at home.roll keep it to yourselves,enjoy life..

BS, ever heard of free will ? wink stop imposing your views on someone else's freewill. tongue

24. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

lol behave people....OR we all go straight to hell....!
    ah the joy....! wink

Hell yeah; for the guys, it is called seminal emancipation!  What do the girls call it?

marriage

lol

2. Obscure Divine profile image60

LOL!  This is probably true, for a lot of the ones who actually got married.
          Except, they could always utilize the freedom of "free will" and go get their "side order" super-sized somewhere else.  Hell, that's how I met my last girlfriend.  Ahh, the joys of being a home wrecker...ha-ha!

25. Danny R Hand profile image60
    Danny R Handposted 14 years ago

Might I make a refference to Romans, chpt. 3 vs 10-12. Some people sin in sexual ways, some in anger, some in violence, some with thier tongue. WE ALL SIN!!! Including when we judge. Not ONE SIN can exists in Gods presence. Picking and choosing which is worst is mans work and causes disunity. Jesus prayed that we may be one, as He and the father are one. "nor do I judge you, go and sin no more." Although it was His place to judge, he did not. We should follow His example.

Truly we should follow HIS example. do we follow HIM in holiness way?

Danny R Handposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven, and all these things will be added to you. If we would spend just 75% of our energy on obeying the greatest commandment, we would be much different people than we are. However we tend to spend most of our energy being self-rightous. Now I'm not judging, it's in our make up. It's called SIN. I would like to see more people attempting to be less judgemental, judging is Jesus job, not ours.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So - let me get this straight - pretending to ask a question when what you really want to do is preach the garbage you are preaching is HIS example? wink

Danny R Handposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, but neither is stirring crap.

26. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 13 years ago

I think its kind of dumb to suggest burn all the sinners, that would mean the one who said that would be on the list as well since we are all sinners according to the bible. To answer the question, the bible says it is a sin. I dont make the news, I just report it.

Rod Marsdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well during the cold war we could have said let 'em fly. The missiles that is. zzron would then get flaming sinners all over the place. Those who are then without sin stand on the cinder and salute in the direction the flag used to be.

I have been told judging is supposed to be someone else's job so in that respect let's pass the buck.

27. profile image0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 13 years ago

not sin...due to know about sex..before marriage somebody do that ...

28. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 13 years ago

What ?

29. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Billy Joel said it best, "Laugh with the sinners and cry with the saints, cause the sinners have much more fun............"

Rod Marsdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah well Billy Joel had it just about right. If you are Simon Templar you are both saint and sinner and you generally have a good time. Shame about you being fictional but you can't have everything.

mikoasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you keep silent? keep telling them sex before marriage is it a SIN? Tell us!

30. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 13 years ago

Adultery is adultery. Any sex outside of marraige, to include utility sex inside a marraige, should be considered a sin. If this sex leads to abandoning you partner it should be grounds for breach of manners and the violator should be branded with the letter "A", for ---hole, in the middle of their forehead.

1. mega1 profile image79

ever had any really good "utility sex"?  just wonderin - never heard that term before.  teehee   utility sex  I'm picturing it -doing the laundry, paying the bills, having sex, mowing the lawn - the to-do list!

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

welcome to my life....

1. mega1 profile image79

if I'd known about utility sex I might still be married! big_smile:

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

its a perk.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow.... haven't certain christian views changed since biblical times hmm

Didn't a famous biblical king jump the wife of one of his soldiers and enjoyed it so much that he decided to get rid of the poor guy by sending him to battle, so that he would get killed and thus legitimise the 'A' that he wore on his crown? /

I suppose that act could be interpreted as 'abandoning your partner' couldn't it? hmm yikes

What a Truely Wonderful thing... the Preaching Double-Standard BS is!! lol

31. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Nope.

32. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 13 years ago

wow, just when i thought these religious nuts can't possibly be any stupider.

33. Shil1978 profile image85
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

Personally, I don't believe it is a sin. It is a choice and it should be left as that!!

34. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

Since the link isn't working you can find it here.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/39893?page=2#post924140

35. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

my ex thought sex AFTER marriage was a sin  - therefore he is now ex. . .lol

36. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

in fact I was not sure whether that was actually sex, what we had after marriage!  lol

37. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

sex before marriage is a sin...

unless it is done REALLY REALLY well...

in which case it is an art form, and thus acceptable

38. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

No it is not a sin, would you buy a car without driving it first?

39. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Yet another boring religious thread telling other people how to live! Stupid subject!

1. Faybe Bay profile image67
      Faybe Bayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey! How's it going, what about sex after divorce, is that a sin? smile

Divorce is such a horrible sin, your not even allowed sex afterwards!

1. mega1 profile image79

yes, it appears to be that way!  and no one warned me at all!

2. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yet, there are so many Christians who are divorced, some being the most fervent of believers. It's okay because they'll be forgiven, allowing them to go off and sin some more. smile

Useing parcial quotes is misleading and a lie. I was joking! I guess you can't help showing your true colors, huh?

So, divorce isn't a sin, horrible or otherwise?  wink

NO

Shall I provide you the biblical passages for your perusal in which divorce is most certainly a sin?  Are you sure you want a wretched atheist showing you up on knowledge of the bible?  smile

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No Faybe, that's called a bonus! lol

40. tonymac04 profile image72
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

Isn't it, though?

41. Niteriter profile image61
    Niteriterposted 13 years ago

The flames of hell are licking at my feet for getting divorced and I didn't get my bonus. No fair!

1. earnestshub profile image80

I know friends who have had little "bonuses" from their exe's, but never been that lucky myself. smile

42. Niteriter profile image61
    Niteriterposted 13 years ago

Oh. Friend's exe's... that's different. I don't feel so bad then.

1. earnestshub profile image80

Friends exe's now that could get a little thorny! lol I will admit that I have had more lovers than I have told any of them I have had! lol

yikes  big_smile  LOL!

43. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Every Saint had a past, all sinners have a future. My future is having sex with a young unmarried red head.

44. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

I would answer with a simple no!

Is that what it says in the bible or is that your opinion?  smile

45. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Most people I know that are married are getting an awful lot LESS sex than they did before they were married!!!

Dont do the married bit.. it puts you off... just have the pre-marital sex its more fun...

(Please don't tell my wife I said this or its back to the spare room again!!!)

46. RecoverToday profile image83
    RecoverTodayposted 13 years ago

According to the bible, sex outside of marriage is a 'sin'. But if one chooses not to follow and believe the guidelines of the bible, then it would be up to the individual whether it was a 'sin' or not. How do you define 'sin'? Perhaps the norms for one person are different in another. One may feel it 'wrong' to engage in premarital sex, the othere theorizes it's good as long as both partners are consenting.

47. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

I can't believe we're still debating this....... roll

1. LeanMan profile image78
      LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, if there is nothing left to talk about....................

48. browsed profile image57
    browsedposted 13 years ago

sex before marriage is cheating which should be avoided.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)