jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

marriage

1. lamonda30 profile image57
    lamonda30posted 6 years ago

how long is too long to wait for someone to marry you?

1. omcj1234 profile image61
      omcj1234posted 6 years ago in reply to this

When you know you know. Guys get married when the time is right. Women get married when the guy is right.

2. Rogochuks profile image77
      Rogochuksposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2 years after the guy says ''will you marry me'', and there is no plan in place.

2. b. Malin profile image57
    b. Malinposted 6 years ago

I'd say three to five years....  is average if it's a financial situation...or one of you has been married before and not ready after year one or two to commit.  Longer than five years I'd say is too long.  HOWEVER, I knew this woman who went with her man for TWENTY YEARS before they finally decided to get married.  So too long is if YOU think it's TOO LONG...you'll know girlfriend.

I waited three years to marry Lover Man.  We both had been married before....so I was a bit leery.  But it turned out to be great!

lamonda30posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i too have been married. im not leery . my mother waited 20. but both of them were alcoholics at the time so that got in the way. they were engaged for 8. it doesn't have to be right now cus theres a lot to it . but i have this nagging feeling in the back of my head that i am waisting my time. especially because it's been 8yrs.

1. Flightkeeper profile image72
        Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Eight years! Move on, girl.  You should have asked him what he wanted after one year.

i would have it wasn't for the fact that i was still married and im 4yrs older than him. im thirty so six yrs ago he couldn't even buy liquor

3. Greek One profile image76
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

if she isn't ready to committ to this jelly within 2 weeks, it's time to move on

1. frogdropping profile image84
      frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lollol

For me it's moot. I don't need a man to marry me to feel loved, wanted, needed. And why should the woman wait for the man? Can't she ask?

4. jeri741 profile image60
    jeri741posted 6 years ago

2 weeks...ykes thats fast....'d say 3-4 yrs would be to long for me.

5. jeri741 profile image60
    jeri741posted 6 years ago

dang my i is sticking again

6. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Trust your gut. If you feel like you are wasting your time, you are. Make the move and suggest a break or seeing other people.
    Test and see how each of you is solo.
    If you get back together and want to make it permanent, it's all good.
    Whatever you do, do NOT issue an ultimatum. Bad, bad, bad idea.
    Always retain the upper hand (or the appearance of the upper hand).

Just waiting our "real" resident expert Dawn M to chime in here.She's a marriage counselor. I'm just a marriage 'expert' lol

i always thought those were a bad idea. but how do u make a suggestion like that to someone u been with almost a decade without rubbing them the wrong way.i think it's a good suggestion.

the whole subject give's me anxiety. i recently developed the disorder and im convinced he made me this way. i think the only way i wont feel bad is if he breaks up with me. but that's never happened to me before

7. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

Why get married?
    Live together!
    Man is not a monogamous by nature.
    He is a polygamous creature.
    Marriage makes attorneys rich and enemies out of friends.
    "Shackup!"

what the hell u think i been doing for 8yrs. i got dipped in the holy water 4 years ago and ever since it's all i can think about.

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

With all due respect Lamonda, after 8 yrs, why would ya want to destroy a good thing?
        If ya have kids and your man signed the birth certificates, be happy!
        A marriage doesn't need to to be documented on a piece of legal stationary. You are already married.
        Enjoy married life as you have been for the past 8 yrs.

8. Diane Inside profile image81
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

I'd say after one year if he hasn't let you know he wants you in the rest of his life, he doesn't

Life is too short.

Find somebody who does.

working