He spends more on makeup than you do?
He is happy to go dress shopping with you... I dunno, can't think of enough stereotypical things to suggest.
If you are a gay guy and he want's to move in he may be gay.
How about ask him?
sign number # that your boyfriend is gay...
you are a man yourself
When he's less interested in sex with girls, and starts to look at other guys. Why do you ask this question? Do you have a boyfriend that you think might be gay? Or you just asking for the sake of asking?
when a guy would choose watching a pixar movie other than making out in your apartment.
ASK YOUR BROTHER!
He Won't Lie to you and won't bore you with details!
You caught him eyeing your nightgowns and trying them. He wants to read and spend longer time reading it - your woman's magazine. He wears more make up than you do. He gets excited when Hugh Jackman is on TV. He pinch you a lot. He keeps on looking at men everywhere you go, you just noticed their eyes twinkle a lot when a man passes by, LOL
My best friend as well as my first husband were gay. They did not wear make-up, cross-dress, or do any of the activities previously mentioned here by other hubbers. They just both enjoyed sleeping with other men. So, if your boyfriend likes sleeping with other guys, I'd say that's a pretty good sign that he might be gay.
I'm actually going to take a serious stab at this because I have some experience with riding out a situation such as this one.
1. Does he prefer getting together in groups as opposed to being alone with you?
2. Does he hang out with a LOT of male friends on lots of occasions, but not tell you so?
3. Is he more fastidious about his appearance than the most fastidious of women?
4. Do a lot of people ask you if he's gay?
5. Is your only physical contact with him the occasional very chaste kiss?
6. Does he call you his girlfriend in front of everyone or only his mother?
7. Does he have a great eye for fashion (stereotypical, yes, but there's more), particularly women's fashion - and is he very vocal about what you wear as far as clothes and perfume?
8. Does he garden as a hobby and hate all the stereotypical manly man type hobbies, i.e., sports, cars, women, etc?
9. Does he ever comment on how attractive other men are without seeming effeminate, but tell you that he's perfectly comfortable judging beauty in whichever gender?
10. Has he had an "experimental" sexual experience with a man that he's told you about, but assures you that he is only bisexual?
11. Does he have more gay male friends than straight ones?
12. What kind of music does he like, listen to, and more importantly - pay for?
Some of these questions may sound silly, but take it from one who knows from experience - they can be VERY telling!
All the best!
you are really speaking out of experience. have you written a hub about this? that would be interesting
Motown2Chitown, I think your items 9, 10, and 11 on your list might be telling if not spot on, but all the rest just seem more like styerotypes to me.
They are a bit stereotypical, but for me they are experiential. Stereotypes tend to become stereotypes because they happen very frequently among certain groups of people.
Again, for me, they were experiential. My first boyfriend was gay. I'm also incredibly un-homophobic.
Edit: Just letting you know that I'm not likely to be afraid of or point out stereotypes.
Did it occur to anyone that the avatar might belong to a girl and that is the boyfriend that she is wondering is gay? Or that possibly, the boy in the avatar has a sister dating a guy that he thinks might be gay? Just wonderin'.
when you're making out and you would say something sexy, he'd say "YUCK!"
Well "Rob" if he is "your" boyfriend, he is probrably gay. Your pic and name seem male to me, so that may be a hint.
If not... I don't know.
Alot of guys I have seen acting a lil feminine, or as the American Left calls it "metro-sexual", are not gay. Or they live a life of denial?
So it is hard to tell in America these days. The schools and some parents in America think children should have no gender and develop their own, or a mix of. So it makes for alot of confused kids and even more confused people observing those kids in their confusion.
And I agree MoTo... stereo-types usually do come from some kernal of truth, whether exagerrated from there or not.
If he's interested in the anal alot
If he likes to wear your loungerie...
If he thinks men are handsome and comments alot on them...
by rob_allen 7 years ago
What are the signs that your boyfriend might be gay?
by Lisa Brown 3 years ago
What do I tell a friend who won't break up with her abusive boyfriend?
by Brian 20 months ago
A lot of straight people don't understand why gay people are gay, and why we are constantly fighting for our rights. If you take this simple test and think about it you might get it.It doesn't matter what your gender is, just have an open mind as you read further.Lets say for example you are...
by mandybeau 9 years ago
I want honesty here, If your University son had been away, and you thought he was straight, then he brought around his friend that you also imagined was straight,to be told that they were not straighht, not even slightly curved, but totally bent, and they planned on staying over, would you...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|