Do you think any girl would marry me?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. andur92 profile image60
    andur92posted 12 years ago

I am 19 years old right now and nowhere near the age to get married and I am not intending to get married before I turn at least 22.

Well I was just wondering today that will any girl would like to marry me. Everyone tells me I am a nice, innocent and a very shy guy. A girl refused to get in a relationship with me recently only because I am very shy. She said she would love to adopt me as her child because of my cuteness but wouldn't want to get in a relationship with me because I am not mature enough. I totally understood that and agree that I might not be mature enough at the moment.

But what if I don't develop the level of maturity a girl would want to see in her companion? Will no girl marry me? sad

What do girls look for in guy?

If the answer is financial freedom, then I am earning about 500 dollars a month through affiliate marketing which I will scale to full time by the time I graduate. Plus I am studying software engineering from a very well institute in my country and along with that doing Bachelors in Physical Science after which I'll be doing Masters in Physics and a PhD in astrophysics after that.

What else do girls look for in guy?

Please guide me, I am very concerned about this.
    Thank you.

1. cheerfulnuts profile image60
      cheerfulnutsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's good to hear that at your young age, you're already earning $500 a month. However, it's not entirely about the money. Girls want more than that (some don't even care much about money, and those who only care about money aren't worth marrying).
      We ladies are looking for guys who can take care of us. Let me give you an example. Imagine that you have a girlfriend. You take her out for a date. As you were driving her to a restaurant, a man suddenly appeared out of nowhere and got "hit" by your car. His companion came and started to curse you. You panicked and offered to bring the man to a hospital. They refused and were asking for a huge amount of money. You realized that you'd been scammed. Your girlfriend came out of the car and started to worry. You saw some male passersby eyeing your pretty girlfriend. How will you handle the situation?
      As you grow older, you will become wiser and more mature. You will commit mistakes, but you will learn from them. I think you're still too young to get married. Your future girl deserves a wiser and more mature you rather than the present you. You haven't reached your maximum potential yet. For now, try to enjoy life. Learn as much as you can. And have fun! You're still young! smile

andur92posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would ask her to stay in the car. And yes I see your point, I must learn and gain more experience and maturity in this regard.

P.S. You know I do feel lonely sometimes, I mean I don't have much friends. So I do wish that how great life could have been if I had that special someone. But I guess I'll find my girl in the coming years. I should concentrate on semester exams at the moment. smile

Thanks for your wonderful answer! smile

1. cheerfulnuts profile image60
          cheerfulnutsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good luck to you.smile

2. LegendaryN8 profile image60
      LegendaryN8posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries!

Aside from that quote, I wouldn't be too worried about marriage.  I'm 30 and I've never been married.  However, I've had the pleasure of having a wonderful relationship with the same person for almost seven years now.

Go have fun - the girl(s) will come around.  They will want everything to do with you when you are really busy and want nothing to do with them.

3. TJenkins602 profile image60
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It depends on the woman. I could say that in general, women look for a man who could at least take care of himself, is honest, responsible (in case of children). You do not need to be celebrity-good looking, although that wouldn't hurt either.

You do not have to worry about getting married. Just work on yourself and continue growing. You might find a woman who would love to be with you, or she might find you.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

They love intellectually fascinating and honest, if I may speak for them. You got no problems. Try finding a woman when you almost 70.

ok. thanx.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Between now and when you graduate, the right woman will come along...smile

thanx.. smile

4. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 12 years ago

Your 19 - wait until you're around 40 to get concerned.. For now, be young, have fun, drink Pepsi...

Of course, there's always this site you can try: Buy a Bride

Then again, you may end up with this:

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-04-11/mutet_gyonyor.jpg

Seriously, don't worry about it.. just go out and live life. It'll happen soon enough.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

There's someone for everyone!

6. justanie profile image59
    justanieposted 12 years ago

Hey,don't let that bother you.It' just a stage and when the right time comes and you have the right girl you'll surely find your confidence.I see your big dreams,right now focus on that and all other things will come alright?

7. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

yeah don't worry your shyness will become less and less with age. 

Before long girls will see your confidence and be vying for your attention.

1. profile image0
      Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't stop laughing at that photo posted by Urbane Chaos.  I'm so sorry.

Anyway, don't worry.  You are young, so take advantage of your age.  Live your life.  Have fun.  Explore.  Travel.  Set some goals, and when you reach them, set some more goals.  Sometimes, when you aren't looking, that special someone will find you.  Keep an open mind.  When everything "clicks" between you and that special person, you will know.  Don't make marriage your life's goal.  And if you are going to school, don't quit to "graduate in diapers".  Live your life and live it well.  Be happy.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
        Urbane Chaosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...What?  I don't see anything wrong with that picture! big_smile

Seriously, when I was 19, I was still figuring out my life; but, I was also very stupid.  I got married to a chick that I barely knew and ended up making a lot of mistakes along the way.  I don't regret it, but if I have any advice worth it to give to anyone it would be this: Wait until you really know yourself before getting married.

Take your time and explore different things.  We were together for six years, and neither one of us had really grown up.  We couldn't, we never had that time to really figure out what the world was all about before we jumped into something that we didn't understand.

Once we got divorced then that's when we really began to live, so to speak.  I had time to finish college and do some traveling.  She was able to go off to pursue her dream.  It took us longer to get to that point because we jumped into things too soon, but I think we both realize how important it is to be on your own for a bit.  We're still friends, and the experience helped both of us, but I believe we took the long way around.

My point is this:  Before thinking about marriage, or a career, or about making loads of money - take time to figure out who you are and what you want out of life.  Once you really know yourself then you can walk through this life full of confidence and joy.  How can you ever know what you want out of life before you've had a chance to live it?  How can you live it without first knowing yourself and what you want out of it?

For now, just live.  There's nothing more important than this.

2. andur92 profile image60

i appreciate the fact that you guys are sharing things from your own experiences to help me out. really that means a lot to me. thanks everyone.

smile

8. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

22??

I didn't even know where my penis was located until 23! (it was hiding underneath my foot)

Don't even think about getting married until your mid twenties...

Step one:  Learn how to behave with woman.. through experience and talking with friend

Step two:  go out with a lot of girls

Step three:  find out the type of girls not to pursue

Step four:  find Mrs right

Step five:  invite me to your bachelor party

Great tips! Made me laugh a bit. You will be surely invited to the bachelors party. Thanks. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)