WalterPoon profile image 82

What did Jesus meant by: "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find..."

What did Jesus meant when he said, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Was he referring to Heaven? If so, what did he specifically mean by "knock".

Lady Guinevere profile image61

Best Answer Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

Bard of Ely profile image88

Steve Andrews (Bard of Ely) says

• WalterPoon profile image

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) 4 years ago

"Knock" means ask... sounds reasonable. Does "The Secret" really works? I thought it is just pure commercialism, backed with tons of advertising dollars. Any personal experience, Bard? Honestly, I don't know much about "The Secret".

WalterPoon profile image82

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) says

Askme profile image81

Pritchard (Askme) says

• WalterPoon profile image

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) 4 years ago

I talk to Jesus Christ a lot but I find Genesis hard to swallow. But seems like I can only hear Jesus' reply when I talk to him in the toilet and not anywhere else. Someone told me that is not Jesus. Could my talk be hijacked?

Jisblessed profile image81

Jisblessed says

• WalterPoon profile image

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) 4 years ago

A very Christian view, LOL. But of course, we are talking about Christianity. However, your explanation is hard for those of us like me, who are non-Christian, to follow. I find Lady Guinevere's explanation more digestable for non-Christians.

Rayne123 says

• WalterPoon profile image

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) 4 years ago

Rayne, thanks for the reply. So that verse is not referring to "Heaven", when Jesus said, "Knock and it shall be opened unto you? What is the "it"? Your second paragraph seems to suggest that "it" refers to the door to God.