jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Life Lessons Learned From Your Family Karma

1. gmwilliams profile image81
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

It has been said that we choose the type of parents we will have in order to learn some karmic lessons.   Were you happy with the parents you had or did you wish that you had different parents?  What were the karmic lessons you learned from your parents?

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Karmic lessons? Interesting.
      Well, to be completely honest like I like to do.

I loved my parents. I was happy with the way they raised me. Do I wish I had different parents? I probably did when I was younger, but now I know that was just a part of me growing up.

If you want to know more about my parents, I've written about my dad. My mother is mixed into a couple of my hub articles as well.
      Truth will win out eventually. What goes around, comes around was a saying both of my parents believed.

Since I don't believe in karma it doesn't really matter. I also don't believe in coincidences either. There's a reason why things happen, even if that reason isn't known at the time, but will be revealed in due course.

gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Love you, Cagsil!

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And why exactly is that? lol lol It's a nice gesture and it's nice to hear too. But, do answer the above question. I'm curious.

And, yes I can say the same. I love you as well. Then again, I love all of humanity regardless of themselves. lol

gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To answer your question.   I enjoy your insightful and intelligent answers.  You are always an asset to the forums.

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

If we all chose our parents for the karmic lessons that we needed to learn, then we should never wish we had different parents or family however difficult it was, as they presented us with the challenges we needed.

But, as Cags said, most kids wish they they had different parents at some time or other or secretly wanted to find out that they were adopted and their real parent was rich/famous/different to Mum & Dad.

But as adults, we wouldn't be who we are unless we had grown up in the family we did, and if we don't like who we are now the only person who can fix it us.

working