jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)

Is Satan on Gods Side?

1. Percy Kane profile image59
    Percy Kaneposted 5 years ago

Well, i saw my friend post this thing on the internet which got me thinking
    "If Satan only punishes bad people, doesn't that mean he's on God's side?"

What do you guys think?

1. aka-dj profile image77
      aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not sure your source is too authoritative.
      Satan does not punish "bad" people.
      He hates humanity, good, bad, or indifferent. End of story.

As for being on God's side, NO WAY.
      He chose his own destiny, and his destruction is assured. He is merely playing into God's hand, to fulfill all God's ultimate plan for all His creation.

2. Disappearinghead profile image84
      Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It depends on whether we are talking about:
      - The Jewish Satan which simply means adversary or accuser which can either be a man or an angel that God sends to frustrate the plans of men or to hold Israel to account.
      - The pagan Satan which I supposed would be any of the evil god deities of various roles and descriptions.
      - The Christian Satan which is a Frankenstein collection of body parts from pagan religions and the Church's imagination, elevated to a second god in the dualistic religion.

3. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are no sides except in our minds.

4. Ruben Rivera profile image79
      Ruben Riveraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In my opinion it solely depends on your perception of satan.  In my case I beleive satan is just a man made character to balance the "good, bad" concepts man has created.

5. Percy Kane profile image59
      Percy Kaneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I Didn't mean satan IS on gods side. I meant that if satan was punishing bad people, isn't he doing the same thing as god? and if that's the case, doesn't that mean they are on the same side?

its just a curious thing to think about, that's all smile

1. aka-dj profile image77
        aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Trying to clarify it, does not clarify it, nor change anything.

Even if you forced the idea, it still won't fit.

It's like trying to imply that night time is the same as daytime.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image83
        AshtonFireflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does he punish bad people? You would have to prove that idea before we could go any further with it.
        I personally have had some people believe that Satan and God are the same being, just opposite personalities of the same being. There are quite a few interesting theories out there.

2. jacharless profile image79
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

ha-satan: Hebrew: to oppose; block the way of; deter; delay; hinder; confuse, distort, puzzle; madden; in opposition to; accuse; adverse; misrepresent; attack from a blind side; to elbow or nudge roughly from the side; to wink in a sinister manner.

ha-satan is mention nearly 10,000 times in Torah, especially in the details of Job.
    ha-satan is defined in the Hebrew as Ego. It is clearly mentioned in Genesis regarding the Adamic Inception.

So, is ha-satan of Creators "side".
    That is interesting, because the Hebrew enforcers of the Law said Moshiach was ha-satan and he himself was ha-satan to them. Whatever is not illuminated {dark} is ha-satan. Whatever is clean, yet believes itself unclean is ha-satan. Whatever divides truth is also ha-satan.

James

1. AshtonFirefly profile image83

Interesting...I've never heard of this before. Where did you get this information? (This isn't a jab, I promise. I'm genuinely curious. I've studied ancient Hebrew and Greek and was never made aware of this term being used in this way.)

1. jacharless profile image79
        jacharlessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some very close Hebrew friends and intermixed rabbis between.
        They affirm, throughout Torah -even Kabbalah- that no such entity {defined often as a fallen angel} titled Satan exists. Likewise, some fellow 'loony historians' from UC Berkley after going through Sumerian texts, Vedas Archives, Orthodox and Gnostic interpretations, came to the same conclusion: this idea of a Satan was birthed around the same time the first canonical bible was formed, during what is termed the dark ages, where mysticism and paganism were running ramped. Odd notation, is the first ever compilation of 'Christian' based demonology appeared precisely -or in coincidental proximity to- the aforementioned. Very interesting stuff.

James

ps, loony, is not meant to reference insanity, but a play on words for Canadian roots. lol.... pss, it is a genuine pleasure to 'meet you', i look forward to deep and fun conversations.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image83

Wow. Quite interesting. Funny I never learned of this when I was studying the language and history of the language. I'll have to look into that further.

1. jacharless profile image79
            jacharlessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Right. Remembering the 'ha' is a common term, not a proper one. I think -obviously- lol, this is where much of the confusion rests. Simply a misunderstanding of translation. Unfortunately, this misnomer has caused quite a fuss.

James.

10:15 Edit:
            So you know, Ashley, one of the requirements for my degree from Rhema, was the history of demonology.Was later instructed on the methods of extraction, as termed exhortation, via LeSea founder Lester Sumrall, who received this from the likes of John G Lake, Smith Wigglesworth, Aimee Semple McPherson, Kenneth Hagin, etc. All of whom represent, definitively, the Revival Movement, during and just after Hooverville {the Great Depression}, in the States, approximately 85 years ago.

1. Disappearinghead profile image84
              Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Smith Wigglesworth has me rather confused. I've read a couple of his books which include testimonials of miraculous hearings. Assuming that not all of these are sensationalist adrenalin fuelled placebos, that some genuine healings did occur; how when he had such bonkers theology?

2. a49eracct profile image60
      a49eracctposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Makes sense, it is our ego that keeps us from anything/everything. It's the source of all of our problems. I could be mistaken, but I think the NLT version of the Bible translates it to ego sometimes...

working