jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Who here believes in Miracles?

1. moneyfairy profile image70
    moneyfairyposted 5 years ago

Has anyone ever experienced a miracle in thier lives? Something unexplained,something truly miraculous? I recently had a client tell me about an experience she had with her husband that had passed on and it was really spine chilling and heart warming too and one of my senior clients had  spoke about miraculous healings, where her husband used to go to the VA hospitals and pray over injured soldiers and some sat up out of a comma and others healed quickly and others had spiritual experiences. So just curious if a miracle has ever happened to you that you'd like to share or if you just believe miracles are possible .

1. Love virus profile image60
      Love virusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That you are alive and here at Hub Pages - that's a miracle itself. No need to go further.

moneyfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much!!!

2. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

That I didn't die either of the 2 times I tried to kill myself when I was a teen ~and trust me, the doctors where astonished at how quickly I returned to "normal". 
    That I gave birth to 6 beautiful, perfect, wonderful children ~ single births, no sets of multiples.

There are miracles all around us, every day, if we only stop to look and appreciate them.

Mom Kat,
      You truley are a living breathing miracle to survive what you went thru and to give life 6 times over Wow!!! You are amazing and obviously have lots to acomplish while you are here smile

3. Mighty Mom profile image87
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

This is my email message signature:

There are two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle. -- Albert Einstein

I am very, very conscious that my life today is a miracle.
    I am surrounded by miracles every day and make a point of surrounding myself with others who see themselves and others as miracles!
    MM

MM,
      That is an awesome way to live!!! Thanks for sharing!!!I love that Einstien quote!!!
      Thanks

2. lone77star profile image85
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7187993_f248.jpg

4. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

There are "ordinary" (accidental) coincidences that some people call "miracles," and there are extraordinary (cause-and-effect) coincidences that cannot be explained by science of today or tomorrow.

Belief is a relative term. I can do better than "believe" in miracles; I know they exist. And I'm not talking about the accidental variety.

I dedicated an entire hub to exploring the "Anatomy of a Miracle" that occurred in 1977 on Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, in broad daylight. Nearly 1000 cars evacuated the center, westbound lane within seconds of my prayer for wide open spaces. On the surface, this might seem a very selfish thing to ask for, but it wasn't. You see, I had learned moments before complete forgiveness and utter humility. Ego (the heart of selfishness) had been entirely subdued. That is the only way the miracle could've happened. Moments before the miracle, another, less visible miracle had occurred. After 6 different drivers had nearly caused wrecks by forcing their cars without warning in front of mine, I had reached a point of rage that shocked even me. But then I found complete peace and forgiveness. I had forgotten their trespass so completely that it took me 30 years to realize that the first 6 cars to evacuate the space in front of me were the very same 6 that had so selfishly taken that space mere seconds beforehand.

I have seen many other miracles. Each time they were prayers that were answered instantaneously and in the affirmative. I had discovered the way to be aware of that for which I was praying. Most people think they pray for something, but when it doesn't arrive they suspect the act of prayer rather than their ability to pray correctly. Prayer works perfectly, but most people pray for the wrong thing. Someone in fear, wanting freedom from that fear, will usually, but unknowingly, pray for fear. One needs to be fearless when they pray. Then, all manner of miracles are possible.

I read on one forum a skeptics take on miracles. They thought that miracles were merely accidents. Given enough tries, worldwide, someone would be the lucky "lottery" winner and survive a car crash, or some other dangerous event. But walking on water is not the type of thing that any number of accidents could create. Walking on water could never be called "accident." And yet, when Peter stepped out of his storm-tossed boat onto the unsettled Sea of Galilee, he walked on that liquid surface, if only for a moment. And then doubt set in.

1. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 5 years agoin reply to this

i believe in miracle...it is miracle that people believe in religion..

2. BrahmaEgg profile image59
      BrahmaEggposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey, lone. What are you talking, boss? How do we know that you are saying nothing but the truth? If belief in people is the way we know truth, then good luck!

3. moneyfairy profile image70

Lone77star, Thanks for sharing your miracles....keep em' coming smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"Who here believes in Miracles?"

Me.

1. BrahmaEgg profile image59
      BrahmaEggposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know. You are very scientific. You must therefore believe in miracles, dig.

2. moneyfairy profile image70

paradigmsearch,
      thanks for being a miracle who who believes in them!!! smile

6. Thelma Alberts profile image85
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

I do believe in miracles. It´s miracle for me that I live here and now although I was sick to death many times when I was a child.

Great Thelma, glad you believe in miracles. I checked out some of your hubs and they are very intersting. All those times when you were sick as a child built up your immune system to be strong and healthy as an adult, you are a true miracle, thanks for sharing smile

working