miracle tonite

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (139 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

we thought our family member had a spider bite on her arm, but God suddenly told me that I needed to get her to the hospital right away,it took convincing for about an hour, but I won out, and we drove her to the er. The doc takes one look at it, and within ten minutes she;d had minor surgery to drain (or whatever it is they do, I got kicked out of the room for too much anxiety)the penicillin resistant staff infection in her arm. The doc was happy we acted so quickly. Those things can get really bad, and even kill you. THANK YOU GOD I LOVE YOU

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can't be serious.

janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

totally serious

That's disturbing.

Perhaps to you it is, to me it's pretty normal.

1. profile image0
              brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

People are disturbed by good things that God does for people. It hammers at the very foundation of their non-belief and part of me thinks they are a bit jealous, having confidence in only those things they can see, feel, hear and touch.
              God is good.
              even to those who are disturbed because they do not recognize Him working.

2. Zelkiiro profile image86
      Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It took God to tell you that a spider bite might be dangerous?

/facepalm

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious? How many spider bites are dangerous? Do you go to the doctor every time you have any type of reaction to a bite? The insurance company must hate you.

2. profile image0

or a bee sting.. or an orange or a peanut.
        It didn't TAKE God to tell but God TOLD.  This is love and relationship.

3. Paul K Francis profile image85
      Paul K Francisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes things can be cherished as miracles just because they turn out a certain way despite reason and logic and all the many interesting possibilities. Its like the guy says, " One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see! "

2. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Bless you, Janesix, for your love and persistence.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years ago

When my daughter was little, about 31/2, she was playing near the fender of an old ('49) VW  I came out because she called me to look at something... she was very tuned in to all creatures, big and tiny.  She was pointing at something hanging off the fender with her forefinger. I bent down to see what it was. I was horrified to see the red hourglass belly of a black widow... But, with great relief, upon closer inspection, I saw that it had a curled up look to it. It was newly dead! How did it die? To this day I think that my daughter's guardian angel made the spider die before she could touch it!

1. profile image0

There is no support for guardian angels as in angels that are specifically assigned to us. It would seem the best angle on this is that any angel nearby suffices to help out, but then again, God is everywhere.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow!
        I did not expect this from you!  My daughter's guardian angel saved her many a time... How dare you use an imagined sense of superior authority to correct ME. You who gives everyone a piece of your mind continuously.  You, who expects others to listen to YOUR claims!
        Wow!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

what is your proof to support what YOU say to ME? No one asked me for proof... and I do not have it except by wishful thinking. Why do you correct wishful thinking? Why suffocate blind belief? Isn't that what you, yourself encourage?
        Wow.
        I would not correct you.
        Thanks for nothing.

4. LisaMarie724 profile image59
    LisaMarie724posted 11 years ago

Amazing, glad you got her to the hospital in time.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I am happy to hear that your family member was saved from what could have been a life threatening condition.

I am curious about the claim that God spoke to you; since your last thread was a complaint that you hadn't heard from him in six weeks. Is this typical of the type of contact you were in the habit of receiving prior to the last thread?

I would like to take this thread at face value; but was it defnitely a voice seperated from yourself who told you to take the family member to the hospital, or was it your own mind running through all of the possibile scenarios? Had you read anything recently concerning the so called 'super bugs'? There has been a lot about it in the news and I would think it was possible that you might have run across one of those articles which would have given examples of the type of things to be on the look out for.

Either way, I could see you giving thanks. Your fast action saved your family member. But, I am curious about the claim of the voice speaking to you.

That last thread was semi-serious. I was irritated and confused as to why God would desert me for so long. He HAS spoken to me before, but most of the time it's through feelings and signs, but I always know it's God.

This was God practically shouting at me, without words. It was extremely intense. This has renewed my faith and trust in God to a great degree. Hopefully this means the dark night of my spirit is over.

1. profile image0

Good for you. I'm very happy that things are going better for you in the spiritual department.

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image81
        Slarty O'Brianposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't it have been your own intuition? The subconscious does amazing things, including allowing you to think the idea came from outside yourself when in fact it didn't.

I have seen too many things to believe in intuition that doesn't come directly from God.

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

I know too much to believe in god. Particularly about intuition and the subconscious.

To each his own. Thing is, I totally understand why you don't.

smile

Thing is, I am totally sure you don't.

I don't like to argue with spiritual infants, but I will make an exception for you.

Mighty Christian of you. wink But I am not seeing an argument from you. You can not know with any certainty that god talks to you. If you say you can you are lying to me and to yourself.

What you can do is tell me you have faith that you talk to god. You probably do believe it, but that does not make it true.

Now, I can tell you why you think you talk to god. But I doubt you would be interested. You want to believe it even if it is not true.

Now if you want to talk spirituality, I could tell you a few of my own experiences and then tell you why they do not point to a god. And I am sure I have seen what you have seen and more. But again, I doubt your interest.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

And yet, the thinking person would probably see those things as explainable in terrestrial terms.

The believer leaps to conclusions of magic.

I don't believe in magic. Only the natural and biological process of spiritual growth.

1. profile image0
                Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What's a miracle if it's not magic?

It's just a word for direct intervention by God. No magic needed.

1. profile image0

magic |ˈmajik|
                    noun
                    the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Sorry, but you need to believe in magic to believe in miracles. They are the very same thing.

2. wilderness profile image95
                    wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

An interjection, as I've never truly understood the word "miracle" as used by believers.

Does a miracle violate natural laws (it is something that cannot happen) or is it something that happens all the time without God's intervention?

If the first it would seem proof that God is acting, if the second then how can you tell God did it?  What makes it different than anything else that happens that you can then claim it is a miracle rather than man's doing, coincidence, etc.?

Lol. Sorry, but we both know that isn't true. There has never been shown any "natural or biological process of spiritual growth". What you refer to is equivalent to magic.

3. profile image0

God is silent for reasons that God understands. Sometimes we become silent toward Him first, taking things for granted and lalalaing our way around. God is silent for others reasons also but God always knows what he is doing and why and in the end the best always is the result.

1. profile image0

Making stuff up again?

1. profile image0

to support your claim of making stuff up.. please describe your evidence that this is made up

1. profile image0

You have no way of knowing what your God knows or why he does or doesn't make himself silent.

1. profile image0

you call that evidence? no wonder your the way you are.
                I could make such a long post about adam walking in the garden with God, moses and the law, the ways of God clearly spelt out, we could look at the prophetic nature of prophesies so accurately spoken, we could skip so much persuasive evidence about how God interacts with his people that you would be a year older after reading it all. Then we could go to the NT as see jesus, God in the flesh walking amongst his people and his picking 12 disciples, Gods plan for redemption and just ignore that Jesus spoke to everyone, the we could see Sauls life (Paul) changed and dramatically turned around, We could then speak of Gods spirit in people and all of this and more shows interactivity of God with humankind throughout thousands of years. We could even mention afterlife - again another example of how God wants to be with people. And wait there's more... but your two lines of personal opinion preclude my going into greater detail.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And you believe that because...God says so?

It reminds me of the ad being run recently where the girl thinks everything on the internet is true because it's on the internet.

1. profile image0

yes it would remind you of that, however, it does not remind me of that.

6. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 11 years ago

You made the right decision, give yourself credit.

1. profile image0

Is that what you are doing with your lottery numbers?

Don't take this the wrong way, but what is the difference between her believing a voice told her to get a family member to hospital asap, and you believing a voice told you to play the lottery?

1. profile image0

Are you asking me what's the difference between being given lottery numbers and knowing when to take someone to the hospital? Should I take my own advice and take credit for picking those numbers? I'll give some credit for your critical thinking skills Emile, however you question my comment about accountability, but don't question where the voices came from.

To reiterate
          1. What is the difference between being given lottery numbers and being told    to get someone ... against that person's own wishes...to the hospital?
          2. Should both of you take credit for following through on inner guidance?
          3. Where did the inner guidance come from in Mr. Radman's case?
          4. Where did the inner guidance come from in janesix's case?

1. profile image0

Yes, that is the question. I wonder at us. We have an experience that can be attributed to nothing other than a spiritual moment, and we accept it. Someone else makes a similar claim and they are not viewing it logically. I wonder why we don't give others the same latitude we give ourselves, when reviewing experience and determining what to attribute it to.

2. profile image0

I have no idea where the voices you guys hear are coming from. I suppose if they decide to gab with me I might hone in on an idea. For the time being, I'm simply happy for the both of you. It's very interesting.

I understand inner guidance. When I say, "God help me!"  I get an immediate response. It is in the form of my self talking to myself. After all, God is within and without. He is in You, Me and All.
            It is not so mysterious. It is pretty constant with all people, all the time
            ...except atheists who wish to ignore the soft voice within and without.
            From my experience, one just has to be open and absorbing.

Kathryn, I applaud you.

You're beginning to understand the "inner guidance" is just you. Like you say, it is not so mysterious. smile

Just me as a small drop in the ocean of God.
                (maybe you should stop applauding!?)
                God, (the ocean) is not so mysterious.

I have been working on this awareness for a long time... so you are wrong when you say "beginning to understand."
                  I am thankful to Jesus, Paramahansa Yogananda, Sri Yukteswar and all the saints of all religions. Without them where would I be? I would hate to think...
                  For me, meditation is the key. It helps one be open to God's omnipotent presence.
                  Just sharin'

No Kathryn, it's just you, no gods required.

You,  A Troubled Man, mean to say, "no God required." It is Interesting to note that that you did not write it the way you meant it.
                    I am sure you know full well we are not discussing "gods" here. We are discussing
                                                                                  GOD.

2. profile image0

I pause to close my eyes and breath slowly for a moment. Which clears my head, allowing me to focus  Whatever thoughts are the result of that process are usually dead on to the situation at hand, or the answer I was looking for. But, attributing it to God? I don't know. If we accept that then we have to accept all claims of interaction. Many beliefs attributed to a desire to stay within the will of the god people claim to know personally make you shudder. So, with my opinion of what a Creator would have to be in order to exist I can't accept your statement. It would mean God was the impetus behind all thought. The good, the bad and the ugly. How do you resolve that?

The difficulty seems to be this:
                                       The reality of God versus the concept of God.
                I feel sorry for those who were indoctrinated (by parents, church ministers, or priests or Sunday school teachers) by the concept of an all watching, judging and/or punishing God.
                I was never given that concept. I do not feel (and never have) the wrath and punishment of a watching God.  God loves us so much he absolutely stays away until called upon... so to speak.  I believe we have freedom from His scrutiny by knowledge of this fact:
                                                   He follows the dictates of one's will.
                So, if we want to have a good romp in the bedroom, unless we invite Him to watch ... he wont!

1. profile image0

I appreciate your view, but I can't resolve it with the fact that many people call for things they need and don't receive help. But many people claim to call for things they want and do.

I'm not averse to belief. I have my own. But, my belief can't take precedent over another. I can't benefit where another doesn't. I can't have wants satisfied when needs are ignored. If I do, then it negates it as being truth in my mind. Which probably sounds silly.

I don't over think it.  I perceive the essence of God with total trust and openness. He has his own will and his own reasons for what he gives and doesn't give, I believe. Here is a story my mechanic told me. I will make it brief as possible:  His name is Ry.  One day in the 80's Ry went to Mexico and got stranded on the beach in a truck with the high tide coming in... he got swamped there on the beach. He didn't know what to do.. He was so freaked out he started drinking and then he started praying to God to help him.. Well, a yellow rope showed up out of nowhere.. and a man in a vehicle came upon the scene and they used the rope to pull him off the beach.  Later in his life the yellow rope showed up again. He was trying to make a decision to buy a particular house or not ...and a yellow rope showed up on the ground in front of the house. So naturally he bought that house. It was a good purchase and he loves the house to this day.

(I do not plan to give any more examples of miracles, as I know they really irritate Radman...So, this was my last one. Ry just told me this story last week when I took my car in, so it was fresh in my mind. Who knows if it was God or not or just coincidence...  I think Its okay to attribute it to God. It really is.
                    As Radman said, "I suppose it does no harm to others..."
                    does it?)

3. profile image0

Atheists don't ignore the inner voice at all. We understand it's a function of the brain and thought.

not always.

I could repeat that a million times.
                -that is how convinced I am.
                I feel sorry for anyone who does not understand. I wish others would back me up here.

1. profile image0

Kathryn, we all have inner dialogue, it's a product of the brain. Super ego, ego and id as described by Freud.

Take credit when it due. It's due, good job.

Flattery will get you everywhere...
                                                                            Not!
                    The only reason others do not back me up is because they are smart enough to not throw pearls to swine
                    to trample
                    to ridicule
                    to ignore
                    to belittle
                    to flatter
                    to discredit
                    to pretend like everyone who does not believe as they do is
                    full of it.
                    Still smillin' and
                    just bein' friendly.
                    Not.
                    You tempt me to bark back-
                    I have fallen for it.
                    No more.
                    Finis.

7. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

You guys are just arguing over words. I already said I meant "direct intervention by God". Call that whatever you want. I chose a common term that is understandable by many. Next time I will just say directly what I mean so there will be less confusion.

1. profile image0

Oh, there still will be confusion.

No, we're pointing out that miracles are indistinguishable from magic.

But, we both know that is obviously not true.

I am concerned with how we treat each other in this forum and all forums.
        Why can't we all get along on HP. Atheists can think the way they do and God-believers can think the way they do. A forum can be a place where others are treated respectfully as individuals with feelings and sensitivities behind his/her pecking fingers!
        What is wrong with being polite and respectful here as anywhere else?
        Just because of the word, forum?  Debaters don't have to be dismissive to one another.

Because you believers want us all to accept your irrational beliefs and how your god wants to tell us all how to behave and act. It is the believer who is the cause of the discontent and conflict and why we can't all get along.

Because your religion and your beliefs are neither.

No one in this forum has done that to you. NO ONE!
            Right?  I was referring to how we treat each other in these forums. Actually, we are supposed to be on friendly terms with one another according to stated HP rules. When you tell me that I " fallaciously" make up stories, that is not friendly. I am a fellow human being and not an automaton.

You are new to forums aren't you?

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

Got cha.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59

Please show us in the HP rules where it says we must be friendly?

Believers always make up stories, which they fallaciously attempt to tell us is reality. If they were 'friendly', they wouldn't do that in the first place, they would be honest, instead.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years ago

Well, I actually got booted off HB Forums for responding to YOU and RADMAN who I felt were verbally ganging up on me. Addressing my disbelief that no one would come to my defense, I actually used words like sheep and maybe even worse  So, for 17 hours I wore the HP dunce hat, sitting in the corner, contemplating the badness of my blatantly audacious keyboarding.
    But whatever... I will rise to the occasion and be really sneaky with my bark backs.
    So, Look out, A Troubled Man.

9. Lor's Stories profile image59
    Lor's Storiesposted 11 years ago

Well who has the mind of God?
    Check the Bible

1. Zelkiiro profile image86

I took a look at Revelation. God's a stoner, then?

Zelkiiro, Do you really believe in Vishnu?
        There are many spiritually scientific aspects to Hinduism. In fact the Book of Revelations is in harmony with the Sankhya philosophy in India.
        For instance, the seven golden candlesticks refer to the chakras. These are the seven light centers in the body. I only mention this because Revelations is all symbology which we westerners cannot understand. (In fact, Jesus did go to India. There are records of his visit there. People tend to not accept this fact, however.)

Nah, he's pretty terrible. I tend to go with Helel or Yoshitsune instead, though I sometimes use Ishtar, too.

-won't Zoamelgustar be jealous?

Using Zoamelgustar would be just plain unfair.

10. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Sometimes an anecdote about a spider, is just an anecdote about a spider.

11. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 11 years ago

This short story of care told us and lesson for us that how much our family is important. God Bless You and you did the great work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)