jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Paranormal phenomena

1. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 3 years ago

Is infrasound a plausible explanation the paranormal?

Our ear can't hear it, but apparently our bodies still interpret it and causes a bone-chilling feeling and even the distortion of the eyes which explains the apparitions.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You really want to go here?  I guess the sightings of what is classified as paranormal are that threatening to your hard-set conclusion of the non-existence of "spirit." 
      A more interesting question is: If infrasound can be proven why not the subtle body or the astral body?

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

?? Infrasound is nothing but sound at a lower frequency than most people can detect with their ears.  It is still often detectable in other ways, plus it is readily detected, recorded and produced by various pieces of equipment. 

No one can even define a "subtle" or "astral" body, let alone detect one, and as far as producing such a thing, well, it just cannot ever be done.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well it clearly does not cover every single thing described as paranormal.

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Like?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When people claim they see a human ghost.  That is a visual experience that is very specific.  So just having a spooky feeling or seeing a smudge would not cover it.  For similar reasons, well, UFOs, mediums, automatic writing, orbs, remote viewing, prophetic dreams, spitting up ectoplasm, fairy circles, psychokinesis, levitation, past life recovery, I could go on.

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

Rad Man, your question is kind of ambiguous. Do you mean “THE” explanation of paranormal, “AN” explanation of paranormal, or just a part of paranormal? It may be a tiny part, like a grain of sand on the beach. There are sound waves on many frequencies in the universe, but you know that. Some could be associated with the paranormal. Infrasound might be some of them, but it isn’t the paranormal or even a plausible explanation of paranormal.

1. profile image0

It isn't the paranormal but it may be an explanation for the paranormal or what people perceive as the paranormal.

1. MizBejabbers profile image89
        MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think it could be in some cases, but I definitely believe in the paranormal and metaphysics. My husband says I am quite an adept at sending things into a parallel dimension. Things I put away and we never see again. LOL

1. profile image0

Here is something interesting about the human eye. When it's in motion (looking from thing to thing) we are blind. We also tend to move our eyes around the room when we are looking for things, which is the opposite of what we should be doing. It also explains why many claim to have not seen the other car they just hit when they looked.

working