jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What are attributes of God?

1. lovetherain profile image60
    lovetherainposted 4 months ago

What are attributes of God?

How do you know?

2. Live to Learn profile image81
    Live to Learnposted 4 months ago

God's attributes are as infinite as the universe.

How do I know? Because God is everywhere and in everything.

lovetherainposted 4 months ago in reply to this

How did you come to that conclusion?

1. Live to Learn profile image81
        Live to Learnposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Observation and study of reality and study of religious sources wrapped inside a whole, whole lot of speculation and opinion. You know. The normal way.  smile

lovetherainposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Sounds good to me.

2. Paul Wingert profile image79
          Paul Wingertposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

God is everywhere and in everything? Really? In the OT, god had to physically walk upon the earth. He had no idea that Adam and Eve at the forbidden fruit. He had no idea where they were hiding and had to call out to them. Over the centuries god grew farther away as ne discoveries and inventions were made. God went from a semi-mortal (as with any other god during the Bronze Age) to this super natural being. Every time there's a new discovery is made that puts doubt on god's existence, anther excuse is made to desperately hold onto this ancient belief. What we know of god in the early days is that he was one of 33 Canaanite gods called El. He was adapted by the Hebrews around 1300 BC.

1. Live to Learn profile image81
            Live to Learnposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

If that is what you believe that's cool with me.

2. lovetherain profile image60
            lovetherainposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Why do you think we are talking about the OT God?

3. lone77star profile image88
    lone77starposted 4 weeks ago

The attributes of God are these and possibly many more:

1) He is Humble. He does not have an ego that needs to be showy. He is willing to wait for us to wake up and to seek Him out.

2) He is Confident. This is what True Faith is; it's not belief, but creation. And only by such confidence can He let go of the creation and rest from it.

3) He is Responsible. Responsibility is not blame; the two are entirely opposite. Blame is negative; responsibility is positive. He sent one of His sons to teach about this, and other things -- that we need to be responsible for what others do to us. Without this, we remain potential victims. With this, we rise above the victim-perpetrator dichotomy and lose our self-concern -- the only thing that holds us back.

4) He is unconditionally Loving. This is the most important of all -- to be generous of spirit despite what other may or may not do.

How do I know? I describe how in my short book, "The Art of Forgiveness" -- how 3 miracles happened late one afternoon on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, 1977.

working