jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you believe in Heaven?

1. shirleybill profile image56
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

Do you believe in Heaven?

Do you believe in Heaven? or hell? One or the other, or both? Do you believe in the lake of fire?

2. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

I believe in all of the above. They are clearly talked about and described in the Bible.(God's Word)

3. shirleybill profile image56
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

Answer for easy1: If you read the Bible, you will find that there is a hell, and it is certainly not silent. It's called a Lake Of Fire also, and the gnashing of teeth, and screaming that come from there, is not something that one would want to look forward to.

4. HOOWANTSTONO profile image58
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

There is both heaven and hell, it also depends on how you understand it.
    There are Three heavens , and three hells, mentioned in the bible

1) The first heaven is "Rakia" - the atmospheric heaven - the place where the clouds form, the atmosphere around the earth.

2) The second heaven is "Shamayim" - the starry heaven - the solar system.

3) The third heaven is "Shemi Hashamyim" where God dwells - the Eternal Realm. the Throne of God........

Three hells

1)Grave.....Sheol in Hebrew, and Hades in Greek

2)Lake of fire....Gehenna in Hebrew, and Geena in Greek

3)Pit....Tartaroo in Greek for demons

I cover this in more detail on my hub Death what now?

5. swifttaxi profile image54
    swifttaxiposted 8 years ago

The Bible proves that there is Heaven and Hell, Lake of fire.

Genesis 1
    8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

Psalms 9
    17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.

Revelation 20
    15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

I have no reason to doubt the Bible.

6. yes2truth profile image61
    yes2truthposted 8 years ago

Yes, but no one is going there. The Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of Heaven as written in Matthew's gospel will be here on this earth for 1,000 years. Notice that it's the Kingdom OF Heaven not the Kingdom IN Heaven.

After the 1,000 year reign of the Lord on this earth is over the Father is coming down OUT OF Heaven with a new heaven (sky) and a new earth. See all this in Revelation 20-22

The lake of fire is metaphorical, not literal, and it's a place of correction for counterfeit Christians, not eternal punishment for the lost and unsaved. 

I hope this alleviates any fears you may have about the Godhead and their love, mercy and Grace toward us.

7. Hiperion profile image61
    Hiperionposted 8 years ago

Yes, i do believe in Heaven and hell. Is what is said in the Bible and if people read the Bible they will be sure of it. I don´t understand why people don´t believe in the Bible if they didn´t even read it!

8. Darrell Roberts profile image73
    Darrell Robertsposted 8 years ago

I have been looking for this heaven since I was in Sunday school when I was four years old.  Oh I remember a great deal about what I was told about heaven and the other place.  I always try to be "good" just so I could get to heaven and be and... read more

9. Kebennett1 profile image61
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

If the Bible which I believe to be the word of God say's it, I believe it! So yes, I believe in all three!

10. ZJWM2009 profile image61
    ZJWM2009posted 8 years ago

Most really think the Bible speaks of these things because it has the words "heaven," "hell," and "lake of fire." You must understand your reading a translation of the scriptures. And second you have to understand you have been told what these words mean and how you relate them in your understanding. It is almost impossible for anyone to see it differently because so many just flat out refuse to search it out. And second when you do realize it has nothing to do with what you have been told, it is very painful and scary to accept it.

What you believe and what is are two different things.

11. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

The Bible proves that there is Heaven and Hell, Lake of fire. Quran says there is a day of judgment when the dead soul has to live either in hell or in haven. Similar views are also found in Buddishist religion as well as in Hindu religion. There is no point of disbelief in the existence of hell and haven as it is there in the Bible. But another belief is also existing in the Universe is that Haven and earth is existing in the globe itself. When one is passing a happy life he is supposed to be living in haven otherwise in hell.

working