jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

DO YOU BELEIVE IN THE POWER OF THE CROSS?

1. juliehess profile image61
    juliehessposted 8 years ago

DO YOU BELEIVE IN THE POWER OF THE CROSS?

2. yes2truth profile image60
    yes2truthposted 8 years ago

No, I only believe in the Power of The Holy Spirit and the Power of The Godhead i.e. The Father and The Son through that same Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the only Power the cross has no power.

The 'power' of the cross sounds like meaningless mainstream Christian jargon to me.

1 Cor 1:18 (KJV) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God

The term "preaching of the cross" is preaching the Goodnews of what took place by way of the Lord's death and resurrection, not the cross itself. The cross or better translated from the Greek "The Stake" has no power in itself. Always remember that His death is only half the story and that His resurrection is equally as important.

Many question whether He actually died on a cross and they believe it was just a wooden stake. I keep an open mind on this point as I do not feel that it is that important.

3. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 8 years ago

No, because the cross was just an ordinary object of execution.  It's only considered 'special and sacred and holy' by some, because the Lord Jesus Christ was executed on it.  But let's be aware that the cross didn't have any mystical powers.  It wasn't the cross that saved everyone.

tl;dr  How can I believe in the power of something, when it has no power to begin with?

4. Kebennett1 profile image59
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

If you mean do I believe that by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ being crucified, being a blood sacrifice to pay the price for the sins of the believers of the Trinity, (God, Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit) so they might enter into Heaven to be with the Father, then yes. Do I believe the cross itself holds some power, no. That is not found to be scripturally correct!

Closed to reply

working