With God Working Through Me, Can I Do Anything God Can Do?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

With God Working Through Me, Can I Do Anything God Can Do?

2. profile image52
    blossom.66posted 14 years ago

No you cannot do anything God can do.  If that were true, there would be no need for God, no need for us to strive to be better, no need for us to learn and grow, we would already know it all.
    Who would we look to for spiritual guidance? The Bible tells us that no one is above God, no one can match his Glory.  Nothing can compare to the All-knowing, omnipresent, loving powerful Holy Spirit...God

3. mymagicview profile image63
    mymagicviewposted 14 years ago

From my point of view concept of God is related with the laws of nature. The most important law of the nature is the law of attraction. So everything related with the law of attraction is also related with the concept of God. My hub Who is God? What... read more

4. bayareagreatthing profile image59
    bayareagreatthingposted 14 years ago

Wow- now there is a question to ask God someday!

First I think of the verse commonly quoted from Philippians 4:13-
    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

It seems to say that we can do "everything" in Christ.  Everything would include...well everything.  But then I look at the context and have to realize it is a hyperbole (an exaggeration).
    read more...
    http://hubpages.com/hub/am-i-a-god

5. DancingRedFeather profile image61
    DancingRedFeatherposted 14 years ago

Depends what it is that you want to do. I don't think you would be able to raise the dead, cure the sick, stop storms etc..But if you let God into your heart and give yourself to Him completely, Jesus said if we have FAITH we can move mountains.

6. EdG. profile image60
    EdG.posted 14 years ago

Well if God was "working through" you, then it would be him, not you, doing all the shit that he could do. A better question would be "Why the hell does God need to work through me when he is supposedly all powerful?"

7. yolanda yvette profile image61
    yolanda yvetteposted 14 years ago

No, because He alone is God.  We can do whatever He calls us to do and all that His Word says we can do, as long as we cooperate with Him.

8. A M Werner profile image59
    A M Wernerposted 14 years ago

With faith, all things are possible.  But as Yahshua said on several occasions, O ye of little faith.  It seems that often, only in the most dire of consequences can mankind find such faith as the Lord spoke of.  The Bible says, Perfect love casteth out all fear.  If we really examine ourselves, truly examine ourselves, we can really begin to grasp just how much fear we have, and how that fear prevents us from having the necessary faith. 
    All the more reason we need a savior.

9. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

Of course, his powers came from our imagination=)

10. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

Yes you can , but if you want to do something that is not from God and does not magnify the name of Jesus then you are working from the flesh and not the Spirit.
    Its God that works in you to do his good will, and not you doing it, "In him we move and have our being"

Joh:3:8: The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Ph'p:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

The word "wind" is also the same as "Spirit" same greek meaning.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Gospel-quick-link

11. profile image52
    Chief Apatheticposted 14 years ago

I wrote a short story where a Cable Tv Company sends God a "bill" saying, Nobody gets to watch for free."

12. magx01 profile image60
    magx01posted 13 years ago

No, because there's one small problem:

You exist.

13. profile image0
    gulnazahmadposted 13 years ago

I can do only as far as He will give me power to do, and nothing beyond it. God is present everywhere: in our hearts; on the skies; on the earth and in between them can you do that? At one time He knows every human being and every other creature on the universe can you do that? Can you create a mountain, sea or piece of land? You can do only as far as he has given power to you. You don't even know when will you die how can you say that you can do anything.

14. profile image51
    gary153posted 13 years ago

No, you cant do all things that God can do.  You cant forgive sins, provide salvation, and a whole range of other things that are God's perogative alone.

15. puregrace profile image68
    puregraceposted 13 years ago

Ed.G is right on...if God is working through you, it's He who is working! And that is right on.
    We have to give up on ourselves and have Him do the work.
    Our doing is so full of sin and so messed up, we really can't do anything worthwhile. But when we give up on ourselves, or as the Bible says, "die to ourselves," then Christ lives in us and works through our hands and feet, and mouths, etc. He lavishes on us the same love His Father lavishes on Him, because He reconciled us to the Father.
    That is being "in Christ".
    We are emptied of ourselves and are filled full with Him.
    And we find true joy and the sense of what we were created to do.
    What is our chief end? to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

16. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

You can do it BY THE POWER OF GOD
    That is to say- God working through YOU will do things but not you on your own.
    ANYTHING is possible with God.
    All things are possible with God.
    Have faith in the Lord~ He brings good out of bad.
    If it is God's will, if you pray and sacrifice enough, God will give in to your prayers, and yes you can help someone become saved

It's up to you, what you want to do. And you will be God's vessel.  What an honor, to help anyone to get to Salvation.
    You are Blessed

17. CarrieG profile image74
    CarrieGposted 13 years ago

Do I believe we can do every "God" can...No, but we can do those things that Jesus did and more
    My answers are found in the scriptures,
    John 14:12  "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these." How is it possible to do greater works than Jesus did? Consider just a few of his miracles. He healed the blind. He made the lame walk. He raised the dead. He exorcized demons. He made the deaf hear. He made the mute talk. He cleansed leprosy and cured fever. He walked on water. He calmed the storm and multiplied food for crowds of 4,000 and 5,000, not including women and children. In other words, Jesus exercised power over nature, demons, disease, and death
    And
    Mark 16:16-19 (King James Version)
    16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
    17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
    19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

So I believe it has to do with "faith" how much faith do you have in order to do these things? If you have faith as small as a mustared seed....
    Luke 17:6 (New King James Version)
    6 So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)