jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can we and should we as Christians judge the ungodly politicians in Washington D

1. MACACH profile image75
    MACACHposted 8 years ago

Can we and should we as Christians judge the ungodly politicians in Washington D.C.?

Jesus is mercy but Jesus is also judge. There was judgement in the New Testament ie., Ananias and Saphira. So do we let our country go to hell or do we judge?

2. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Don't need to be a christian to judge the a-holes in Washington.  They include both christians and the so-called "ungodly".

3. Quilligrapher profile image87
    Quilligrapherposted 8 years ago

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment that you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." ~ Matthew 7.1-5

4. HOOWANTSTONO profile image58
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

M't:5:44: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

M'r:13:19: For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

M't:24:21: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

5. penman51 profile image74
    penman51posted 7 years ago

Jesus commanded us not to judge anyone.  We are to pray for our leaders, that God will guide them in their appointment.  Please read my Hub  The Christian's Attitude Toward Secular Leadership which goes into greater detail, and if you want to, leave a comment.