jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Bible question 1

1. nancy_30 profile image68
    nancy_30posted 8 years ago

Bible question 1

This question is from Genesis.  In Genesis 1:26 God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.  Who was he referring to when he said us and our?  Was someone with him?

2. SEO IT! profile image82
    SEO IT!posted 8 years ago

Most Christians believe that God is "three-in-one". As the trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I believe it was an agreement between the three.

3. janiek13 profile image78
    janiek13posted 8 years ago

I must agree with seo it, He was referring to God, the Father, God, the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit.

4. rachelsholiday profile image61
    rachelsholidayposted 7 years ago

I would have to disagree with the other two answers.  My belief is not this "three-in-one" idea.  I believe Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are three seperate beings.

Having said that, here's my understanding of this verse.  Jesus (not God the Father) is the God of the Old Testament.  He was the creator of this world that we live in, the God of Israel.  I believe that when he says "Let us make man in our image" He (Jesus) was talking to God the Father because God the Father was guiding His son in the creation of this world.

Just as a side note, this verse also makes it clear to me that God and Jesus have bodies.  As everyone is aware, we have bodies.  If we are created in their image then it would be a logical conclusion to assume they have bodies similar to ours.