jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When and what lead you to Christ?

1. AEvans profile image78
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

When and what lead you to Christ?

2. clicketmaster profile image60
    clicketmasterposted 7 years ago

I recently found myself back in church after about 28 years of leave. I decided to go back to church because I felt something was missing in my life and I kept feeling a sense of emptiness. I just decided that I was going to put me aside and let GOD tell me what to do instead of me doing what I thought was right.

It's been hard for me. Since, I usually like to have control of everything. But it has been nice to just let go and let things just happen. I feel I'm on the right path.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

I was lead to Jesus the first time, back 49 years ago, when I first picked up my Bible and actually started to read it from cover to cover. Over the years I have slipped and slid away from my Christian Walk with Our Lord, exploring trying to see if I could find something better, but always returning back to the fact, that there is a God out there and He loves me, and would like for me to someday, in some way become as much like Him as He is willing to allow me to be, and since God is nothing but goodness and love, Why Not.
    Dave.

4. Michael Adams1959 profile image59
    Michael Adams1959posted 7 years ago

I thank God for wise deacons in the church. I realized I needed to be scripturally baptized and was waiting to be baptized easter Sunday of 1980 when a deacon asked me if I knew for sure I was saved. In my head I said sure I was but he saw the look of confusion and said he just wanted to make sure. As he walked away my heart said no and I asked Jesus to forgive my sin and be my Saviour. I gave it all to HIM that night

5. Peace2009 profile image59
    Peace2009posted 7 years ago

a good friend asked me to goto church for 3 weeks & every week I made a good excuse to stop going but the 4th week I was about to make a excuse but my mate told me to stop making up something & said for me to come along so I did & the first time I did God Touched me & made me a new being - The old passed away & I became new

working