jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Did the early followers of Christ, believe in a Trinity? When and by whom was th

1. True Truthseeker profile image75
    True Truthseekerposted 7 years ago

Did the early followers of Christ, believe in a Trinity? When and by whom was this doctrine...

Please note that Christ was subjected to and always obeyed His Father.
    John 12:49 (King James Version)

49For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

2. micadeolu profile image49
    micadeoluposted 7 years ago

No. I searched for the word 'trinity' in the Bible and I could not find it. But there is this bible teaching of the concept of the blood, water and spirit.

Well, one should be very careful how one interprets the bible. The bible though did not specifically mention the trinity, but we need no tutor to make us understand as bible scholars that there are three manifestations of God: The Father, the son and the Holy spirit.

3. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

The word trinity does not appear in the Holy Bible but Jesus instructs His Apostles to go out and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them    "In the name of The Father, and of The Son and of the Holy Spirit."  If you accept the Holy Bible as God's words God's thoughts spoken through His Holy Spirit to the Prophets, to Jesus and to Jesus' Apostles, and later translated then this is the one and only source to substantiate The TRIUNE GOD.

Brother Dave.

4. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

No and neither did Messiah. Trinity was started by the False Apostles to hinder the work of Yahshua.
    God states over and over that He is ONE God. Yahshua said to pray to the Father

5. profile image59
    hctposted 7 years ago

Many used Matt 28:19 to support the teaching of trinity.

Though it was instructed by Jesus in that way, the disciples later did not baptised the people in the name of Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Instead they baptised them in the name of Jesus.

There is no direct indication that God existed in 'three persons in one'.

It would be risky if we try to formulate a theory in such a way.
    I would settle for something which is mentioned clearly in the bible.