This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you do things you're ashamed of?

1. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Why do you do things you're ashamed of?

I've done them because I was confused about what I really wanted.

2. profile image54
    danick123posted 7 years ago

One word that gets almost anyone using drugs and other things people are ashamed of, Curiosity

3. mshunt profile image60
    mshuntposted 7 years ago

You don't think about the consequences of your actions. If a person really thought about what would happen if I get caught, most people wouldn't do the deed. It's all about self indulgence. What feels good now.

4. FuzzyCookie profile image81
    FuzzyCookieposted 7 years ago

Some years back I did something that I am/was ashamed of and I did that because someone who loved me wanted me to do that or just expected me to do that. I could have not done that and have stood my ground anyway, now I feel much stronger and I know what to do when a situation like that pops up again. It taught me something.

Well so  I can simply say its sometimes peer pressure, sometimes you arent aware what you want to do and just go with the flow without giving it much thought.. there are myriad other reasons yikes

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

I don't always stop and think before I do something, so sometimes I end up doing something stupid, therefore it shames me to have to admit I goofed, also that I wasn't thinking clearly.
    Brother Dave.

working