jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Which is More Honerable, Jesus or You answering for your life?

1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 8 years ago

I do not believe the bible or religion. I believe Jesus was possibly a mistake from a guilty mind. Which is more honerable, having Jesus answer for how you live or You answering for how you lived your life? Which would hold people more accountable for their personal actions, saying the individual will pay the price in the end or saying someone else "Jesus" already died for their wrong doings? If I screw up, I find it much more honerable to answer for my actions than to expect someone else to pay for my actions.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Some people find it comforting to believe that Jesus died for our sins.  I find it more realistic to practice a more pro-active type of living.  Instead of thinking, "oh, I will be forgiven if I repent", I prefer to consider the repurcussions of my actions in advance.  It is necessary to "police" ourselves in order to lead  productive and happy lives.  I try to be a good person, and I do not leave it up to deity to forgive me.  I try not to need to be forgiven, if that is the correct phrase.  I have respect for devout Christians, and I have respect for the story of Jesus.  The gospels are inspiring.  They should make people want to strive to be good people.  Religion, itself, has mutated into an entity that strives to govern its followers.  I prefer to answer, honestly, for my own shortcomings.

marinealways24posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Excellent Respectful post, Thank You for leading off with a great example. Very honerable answer you gave in my opinion. I feel the same. I think possibly everyone would be more responsible if they relied more on themselves than a religion. Thank You

2. fierycj profile image76
    fierycjposted 8 years ago

Where ya been all this while, Marine?

Needed a break from the forums. Thank You for asking.

1. fierycj profile image76
        fierycjposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Take it easy, man.

I can't do that until I retire.

1. fierycj profile image76
            fierycjposted 8 years agoin reply to this

retire from what.

Work. lol

3. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 8 years ago

Marinealways24, I would like to post a link to one of your hubs in my hub "Why I am Not Going to Heaven".  I would like to ask your permission first.  Is that okay with you?

Thats fine with me. I can't assure you it will get much traffic from my hub though. lol

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
        Davinagirl3posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think it is a great correlation to my hub, so I think if people read my hub, they would be interested in yours.  The traffic for my hub hasn't been too bad.

Good to hear. Glad you are doing better than me. lol

working