How can some-one prove to themselves they are pacifist rather than coward?

1. days leaper profile image78
    days leaperposted 7 years ago

How can some-one prove to themselves they are pacifist rather than coward?

Please also answer:  Not just themselves, but others /every-one?

2. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

You don't need to prove anything to yourself, sometimes I just don't like the turn a discussion takes, i just ignore... that doesn't mean i am a coward or i'm backing out; to me it just means I couldn't care less.
    I can just say one thing ' we need to pick our battles wisely'
    We do not need to argue our case out to the world..
    I am who I am -this  is what I say - without conceit and with a lot of humility - this my take on this.

3. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

Sometimes, being pacifistic can take more courage than being aggressive or violent, but sadly, that's not going to be how some others might see it. You'd be surprised in a lot of cases how it never even crosses people's minds. Of course it all depends on what you're being expected to do that calls your courage into question.

If you're constantly trying to prove yourself to those others, it can be a never ending battle of wits and at the end of the day, you might find yourself trying to be something or someone you're not.

It is often the case that no matter what you do, you will never match up to what other think you should be, in which case it then becomes a question of whether you feel that their testing is something you want to be constantly subjected to.

Then the courageous thing is whether to break with the pack or not. Whatever you choose, someone's not going to be happy about it.

The most important thing for you to decide is whether you're comfortable with how you are and if you are, whether you feel you need to justify yourself that to others.

If you're not true to yourself, you will never be happy or comfortable,

Closed to reply

working