jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do so many follow a false religion, God & bible that steals & twists scriptu

1. profile image44
    anon1posted 7 years ago

Why do so many follow a false religion, God & bible that steals & twists scriptures from others?

I refer to Islam!

2. Tusitala Tom profile image60
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

What is a false religion?   Is it a false belief?   A belief in what?  That one particular spiritual master or teacher's teachings are false whilst another's is not?   

From what I can deduce from my reading of various spiritual-type books out there, the scribes or writers of these books write down either what they can remember about that teacher, or what they can remember they have been told by someone else about that teacher.   So whatever eventually gets into the books might not be EXACTLY what was said by that spiritual master.

Then we have the power brokers; those with a vested interest to see that only certain parts of a particular spiritual masters teachings get into print.  Anything that goes against their wishes is conveniently left out.   

I suspect that the leading lights (prophets, saviours, saints) of all the major religions have been privy to experiences that you and I have not.   The fact that people heard them and then decided to name a religion after them - these are the ones who might twist (intentionally or not) the teachings as they were originally given.   And to say that people STEAL religion concepts from others is, to my mind, just reactionary simplistic thinking.

3. Marisa OConnor profile image65
    Marisa OConnorposted 7 years ago

How do you know what religion is true vs. false?

4. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

All religions are false.  That is why when one religionist accuses another of following a false religion, he is actually correct.  Of course, the one he is following is also b.s.

5. peterxdunn profile image58
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

All religions are false.  They all posit a god that created the world that the god's followers inhabited.

These follower's often believed that the world they lived in was flat.  They also believed that their world resided at the center of the Universe and that everything else: the sun, moon and stars, revolved around it.  They believed, in effect, that everything was created for their benefit.

This world does not exist.  This world has never existed.  A world that doen't exist doesn't need a god to create it.  Ergo - there is no god.  Anybody that tells you different is after your money.