jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is repentance at the last minute to death a confirm ticket into heaven

1. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

Is repentance at the last minute to death a confirm ticket into heaven

2. puebloman profile image61
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

It doesn't matter one way or the other - you'de be dead,

3. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

You can wait too late,you can't wait until the last minute.

4. heavenbound5511 profile image79
    heavenbound5511posted 7 years ago

Romans 10:13
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

For whoso ever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. See Joe 2:32. To call upon the name of the Lord implies, (1) That the true God (Jehovah, in the Hebrew quotation) shall be approached in worship, and (2) that there shall be something more than saying, Lord, Lord, etc. (Mt 7:21,22). The language, wherever used, implies coming to the Lord and calling on him in his appointed way. Compare Ac 22:16 2:21 Ge 12:8. This promise of Joel, since it says whosoever, is not limited to the Jewish race.
    God's appointed way of being saved:
    Romans 10:9-10 (King James Version)
    9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus (JESUS AS YOUR LORD) , and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The spirit of the Lord = freedom

5. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

Yeah, you can call on the name of Christ on your deathbed and receive salvation... as long as you believe in Him.  God knows the difference...

6. pilgrimboy profile image71
    pilgrimboyposted 7 years ago

The joy of the Christian life is much more than just getting to heaven but about living in the presence of God every moment of every day. 

Eternal life begins when we know God and Jesus Christ (John 17:3).  This can happen on someone's death bed. 

Jesus shared a parable about people who come late in the day to work; they received the same wage as the people who worked all day (Matthew 20:1-16).  When the workers who worked all day were upset the master told them, "Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?." Jesus added, "So the last will be first, and the first will be last."  They had forgotten that it was a privilege and blessing to work for the master all day long rather than worry about whether they would get to work.

So we can receive salvation at the end of our day, but we miss out on living the life God intended for us to live. So why wait?