jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

You make a good point. I often wondered who is the god of the other life forms o

1. MR.POINT OF VIEW profile image57
    MR.POINT OF VIEWposted 7 years ago

You make a good point. I often wondered who is the god of the other life forms on this planet?

What I'm saying is if we are allowed to kill other life forms for food and sport where is the all loving god in that. If I were god I would have made man to live off water and sun alone not the blood and flesh of other life forms. Maybe gods loves plants more than us.

2. goldenpath profile image72
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

All life is spiritually designed to fill it's full measure unto eventual happiness.  It is man that is designed to be gods equal with their mates.  Man has been given dominion over other life on the Earth.  They fill their measure in these posts.  They have no recoil in their position.  There are beasts here just as there are beasts in heaven.  In fact, there are beasts in heaven that have not existed on Earth.  We did not live off of flesh, nor did the animals, until the Fall.  That Fall was necessary that we may all strive through faith and works to attain Father's presence again.  The lamb and the lion shall one day coexist in peace just as man will.  All shall fill their measure and be happy.

3. chatpilot profile image73
    chatpilotposted 7 years ago

This biblical God is beyond cruel, he makes mans worse mass murderer or dictator pale in comparison. The problem of evil has been one of those questions that Christians to this day cannot seem to resolve or reconcile when explaining their beliefs or the conduct of their evil God.

4. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Everyone don't obey God,they have their own principals so they do things their way.Most people love themselves more than they do God.Evil is the choice for most people,like yourself,you would rather see mankind starve rather that provide food for them to eat that is more evil than what you are saying about animals.

5. profile image44
    smattomposted 7 years ago

@Golden path:

Your words had me in stitches!

What exactly does "it is man that is designed to be gods equal with their mates" mean?

"Man has been given dominion over other life" - this is a very arrogant concept; the more we learn about supposedly lesser animals, the more we realise we don't know and shouldn't mistreat in such a cavalier way.

You do seem to know an awful lot about Heaven and the beasts therein. You didn't get your knowledge from the bible however. Are you the next prophet?! Only joking.

As to the 'Fall'...well, we'll agree to differ, shall we. On my side, I have Darwin and Dawkins among others. Over to you?

6. yazoogal43 profile image36
    yazoogal43posted 7 years ago

He did and was disobeyed. We were given all we needed in the Garden of Eden and messed that up. Given free will what more can God do? make us robots? I WOULDN'T BLAME GOD IF HE DOES LOVE PLANTS MORE THAN US. THEY HAVE MORE SENSE. I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND GENESIS, IT IS YOUR DECISION TO BELIEVE OR DISBELIEVE.

working