jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think thst everyone,or every Church who call themselves CHRISTIAN'S, are

1. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Do you think thst everyone,or every Church who call themselves CHRISTIAN'S, are CHRISTIAN'S?

Example:If you take an apple,and slice into 4 pieces,can you title each piece by a different name and call it the same thing?

2. davidseeger profile image59
    davidseegerposted 7 years ago

In answer to your second question; Yes, you can name them what ever you like and they remain four pieces of an apple. I don't know how to answer your first question because I don't know how you define Christian. There seems to be a great many definitions. You might say that anyone who calls himself Christian is in fact Christian by his own definition. Not necessarily by your definition or mine.

3. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

In addition:AN APPLE,would not be an apple,IF YOU NAMED IT SOMETHING ELSE.Whatever way that you define a CHRISTIAN,If you call it something else it would not be an apple it would be transformed and not be the same thing.I know cluts who call themselves CHRISTIANS.Are they?

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

No, they aren't, like all religious sects, they are about power politics, control.  Jesus would be appalled by the way Christian sects behave today.  You can call a lie what you like, it is still a lie.

5. Powerful Pierre profile image80
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

Hey Jack  put it this way  you canstand ina garage all day and that wont make you a car. Do you get it!

6. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

"You will know them by their works" Many people claim to be Christian but unless they have a personal relationship with Jesus.....they are not..

.The Bible says "not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter into the kingdom of Heaven". Translation....Not everyone who calls themselves Christian, churches or people, are!

7. listen-obey profile image58
    listen-obeyposted 7 years ago

No because being a christian church is an action word first what does that church do for its members or the community to bring them closer to God  Second, people have a misconception of what a christian church is all about.  many think that because you are called a christian you do not have to do anything but stand on name only.  Third does anyone really know what a christian church should be. Four A christian church should be one that teaches about Jesus and his father they also should faithfully have their members read their bibles daily
    A church should not be about just getting members or getting money. All churches can get members and money so what makes a church different from the others  We need to go only by the bible the word of God only not anyones opinion Lead by examples in the bible not by what others do. Feed the hungry, care for the sick and shut-ins. Have values morals and it is not about you it is all about God.