jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

We have two young lady's in our youth that are trying to raise money for a missi

1. profile image45
    landmist007posted 7 years ago

We have two young lady's in our youth that are trying to raise money for a mission trip?

They want to share God with the world. Can you please give me any information that might help them earn money for there trip. They need $4000.00 dollars for the trip. We attend Clarksville International Church in Clarksville, TN. I'm so excited that they want to teach other about God. My self and our church have given them money but they need more. Can you please give me some advice that might help them? I wish I had the money I would just give it to them.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3971454_f260.jpg

2. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

This would be easier if I knew what methods you have already tried.........

This was effective when my girls were active in the church's youth group.

The congregation had an auction for their services......their services performed, included, mowing yards, light housework, making a meal, washing windows and related services for the elder citizens of the community.

In other words,  I "bought" the service of a teen for $10.00, then the teen mowed a yard for an elderly person in the community.

Everyone knows someone who needs a helping hand, they do not have to be a member of your church.

3. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 7 years ago

Have them write letters asking for prayer and financial sponsorship to the list and send them to EVERYONE they know.  Doctors, neighbors, friends, teachers, et al.

It's good to include others in helping to sponsor a mission trip as it helps the girls to learn to depend on God like full-time missionaries do.

4. hawaiianodysseus profile image81
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

I'm brainstorming here, so some of these ideas might not be applicable if they break any organization's (including HubPages) rules. Please know that I'm showing good faith here and may be ignorant about certain protocol.

1) Most churches have "sister" churches. Have the girls draft a generic letter soliciting help from these affiliate churches.

2) Similarly, does your church fall under the umbrella of a church conference? A call to the conference office might prove beneficial in terms of finding a special fund that could help augment the funds already gleaned.

3) Do the girls have any special talents? Are they effective public speakers? Help them plan a one hour program. If they lack talent, have them organize those who do, ask a civic group or your church for an evening's free rental of a large hall, and either charge inexpensive admission or ask for a freewill offering that will go towards that trip.

4) You're an established Hubber. Write a press release announcing the mission trip and ask for free publication and air time from your local media organizations.

5) If HP allows it, write a special Hub and include a link where fellow Hubbers and other browsers can donate unspecified amounts. Include a chart, if possible, that is continually updated so people can see at a glance how much more the girls need.

6) Bake sales, rummage sales, yard sales.

7) Get on eBay and start selling! (I'm user id snugchat and can offer limited mentorship if you contact me directly through eBay.)

I hope these ideas either help or get your creative juices flowing. Suggestion: Write a pre-trip Hub and a post-trip Hub!

Aloha!

working