We have two young lady's in our youth that are trying to raise money for a mission trip?
They want to share God with the world. Can you please give me any information that might help them earn money for there trip. They need $4000.00 dollars for the trip. We attend Clarksville International Church in Clarksville, TN. I'm so excited that they want to teach other about God. My self and our church have given them money but they need more. Can you please give me some advice that might help them? I wish I had the money I would just give it to them.
This would be easier if I knew what methods you have already tried.........
This was effective when my girls were active in the church's youth group.
The congregation had an auction for their services......their services performed, included, mowing yards, light housework, making a meal, washing windows and related services for the elder citizens of the community.
In other words, I "bought" the service of a teen for $10.00, then the teen mowed a yard for an elderly person in the community.
Everyone knows someone who needs a helping hand, they do not have to be a member of your church.
Have them write letters asking for prayer and financial sponsorship to the list and send them to EVERYONE they know. Doctors, neighbors, friends, teachers, et al.
It's good to include others in helping to sponsor a mission trip as it helps the girls to learn to depend on God like full-time missionaries do.
I'm brainstorming here, so some of these ideas might not be applicable if they break any organization's (including HubPages) rules. Please know that I'm showing good faith here and may be ignorant about certain protocol.
1) Most churches have "sister" churches. Have the girls draft a generic letter soliciting help from these affiliate churches.
2) Similarly, does your church fall under the umbrella of a church conference? A call to the conference office might prove beneficial in terms of finding a special fund that could help augment the funds already gleaned.
3) Do the girls have any special talents? Are they effective public speakers? Help them plan a one hour program. If they lack talent, have them organize those who do, ask a civic group or your church for an evening's free rental of a large hall, and either charge inexpensive admission or ask for a freewill offering that will go towards that trip.
4) You're an established Hubber. Write a press release announcing the mission trip and ask for free publication and air time from your local media organizations.
5) If HP allows it, write a special Hub and include a link where fellow Hubbers and other browsers can donate unspecified amounts. Include a chart, if possible, that is continually updated so people can see at a glance how much more the girls need.
6) Bake sales, rummage sales, yard sales.
7) Get on eBay and start selling! (I'm user id snugchat and can offer limited mentorship if you contact me directly through eBay.)
I hope these ideas either help or get your creative juices flowing. Suggestion: Write a pre-trip Hub and a post-trip Hub!
by Unique Hiram 5 years ago
Have you ever utilized a fundraising site to raise money for a project (e.g. self-published book)? If so, did you use Go Fund Me or Kickstarter? Where they effective in reaching your goal(s)?
by Jerrico Usher 9 years ago
I just launched my new hubpages account "Samurwriter" http://hubpages.com/profile/SamurWriterand was hoping this is the most efficient way to get all my fans to add themselves as a fan to my other account as well (to keep up with my latest hubs there as well.. so far I have 3)...I'm...
by Jackie S 2 years ago
What is the strangest way to raise money for college, that you've either done or heard of?
by Taabu 8 years ago
We need Prayers and help for travel for a mission trip from Uganda to USA.Dear Friends in ChristI am General Overseer of Great Hope Ministries in charge of 46 Churches in Uganda-Africa. I have been invited by our ministry Partners to USA who have worked with us on supporting Orphans, churches:...
by Jerrico Usher 9 years ago
I'll only mention this once but I need one volunteer Hubber willing to set up a fresh HubPages account and to learn SEO, to build hubs following all the SEO tricks which I'll show you, essentially someone who is completely new to HubPages and whom wants to learn to build money making hubs with...
by Hui (蕙) 4 years ago
For a lady's make-up on face, which part is more important, eyes or lips?Today, makeup is necessary for ladies in social activities. But applying cosmetics needs skills. So, give your opinions.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|