jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who is the bride of Christ ?

1. profile image48
    THYME2RESTposted 7 years ago

Who is the bride of Christ ?

2. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

if it's not the church then who?? tell me then  smile)

3. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

The Bride Of Christ Is A Remnant.The Bride of Christ is the high and holy calling of Christ's Church.

4. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 7 years ago

The term comes from these verses:

Revelation 21:9-10 (Contemporary English Version)

I saw one of the seven angels who had the bowls filled with the seven last terrible troubles. The angel came to me and said, "Come on! I will show you the one who will be the bride and wife of the Lamb." 10 Then with the help of the Spirit, he took me to the top of a very high mountain. There he showed me the holy city of Jerusalem coming down from God in heaven.

The word "lamb" refers to Jesus.These verses and those that follow in this chapter in the book of  Revelation refer to and describe the creation of a new heaven, which the Bible labels the new Jerusalem or as  these verses call it,the "bride of Christ";which will occur at the end of 1,000 years after Jesus returns (the "Second Coming") to establish a kingdom on earth.

5. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

New Jerusalem is the bride of Christ.  Rev 21v -27 When Christ said  I go to prepare a place for you,New Jerusalem (the 5th heaven) is what He was referring to.

6. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

According to the Church, the bride is the Church.
    According to Dan Brown it was Mary Magdalene.
    There is no historical record to indicate Jesus had a bride.

It does not matter to me who the bride was, if any.

working