jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think God made us in his own image?

1. rafken profile image78
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

Do you think God made us in his own image?

Why would he have canine teeth and a digestive system?
    What would he eat?
    I don't want to get into toilet tissue etc.

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

I think our mind, or soul, was created in God's image, or – more specifically – God's soul exists in whole and in pieces through us.

These are all conjectures, however.

3. Thesource profile image78
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

We are not made in God's physical image.
    God has infinite forms.

However, the image we share with him is that we are co-creators along with God. God can create and so can man. Man has created many things, some useful, some bad and some he should not have.

In this, and only in this way, we have the image of God.

4. Heart Felt Book profile image80
    Heart Felt Bookposted 7 years ago

I think he created all ous the world in his image. as being connected as one needed nature to live. it goes beyond just us as humans. the animals are not far from our image they was here first his experiment we are his pride and joy. to complete

5. Coming of Age profile image59
    Coming of Ageposted 7 years ago

To answer directly: Yes, my personal view is that God created us in his/her own image. However, if it's proof you seek, I have none to offer you. Some things I am simply prepared to accept on faith. There are those that will call that crazy, but I'm okay with that too. I happen to believe in the traditional Judeo/Christian interpretation that God is the intelligent designer behind creation. If I can accept that I am a three fold being, having a mind, body, and spirit. Then it becomes more logical to understand how God may have made us in his/her image.

The physiological questions about certain points of Gods anatomy such as canine incisors etc. would cetainly be answered in a belief that God walked the earth as man. That is to say that Jesus Christ was God incarnate on the earth. If then God is the same today, yesterday, and forever.....Jesus has always been God, and God has always been Jesus.

Science has some explanations for creation that are plausible, but still lacks a credible answer to creation at the most elemental...If string brings us to the most elemental level, where did the first string come from?

You see, in that sense science and religion share the same dilemma. Even Alber Einstien did not dismiss the possibility of diety.

6. LeslieAdrienne profile image76
    LeslieAdrienneposted 7 years ago

He said that He made us in His own image and, I believe it. Let's not assume that we know what God looks like.

7. topgunjager profile image62
    topgunjagerposted 7 years ago

I'm convinced that man created god in his own image, think about it, if triangles had a god, he would have three sides too=)

working