jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can all of mankind be from the loins of two original people?

1. greengypsywolf1 profile image56
    greengypsywolf1posted 7 years ago

How can all of mankind be from the loins of two original people?

We should all know about the problems that arise from incestual mating (mutations, etc), so how could we all have come from one single man and woman?
    We would all be brothers and sisters, and with no differences in genes, and we should therefore be in worse straights then we are now.
    Please dont try and sell me the "through the power of God" song and dance, because I dont buy it.

2. Sa`ge profile image61
    Sa`geposted 7 years ago

was more then two. just in different parts of the world. that was one story, there are others just as valid... if you wanna argue that one;  tell me where Cains wife came from.... Since Can was the son of Adam and Eve , who was Cains wife the daughter of?
    Right there it says there were more then the TWO!
    so, that says that the human race did not come from just two. big_smile hugs big_smile

3. diogenes profile image70
    diogenesposted 7 years ago

This is an impossible question to answer in a small comment.  Especially as no one really knows the answer.  We have traced man - and early hominids - back to H. Erectus in Africa, but to say, as has been said, that we all spring from one women rather beggars credulty.  We still have nothing clear in the fossil record of what exacly came before H. Erectus, and the early apes, so scientists do a lot of speculating.  One day, we may have a better technology that allows us to peer into the distant past of more than 2.5 million years ago - the limit now where exact history of the emergence of man is concerned - and allow us to know these obviously "missing links."  Bob.

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 7 years ago

Is that any more difficult to believe than anything else? How is it possible that an egg and sperm can produce a child?

Closed to reply