jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When will mankind look beyond its differences to notice what it has in common?

1. Born2care2001 profile image74
    Born2care2001posted 5 years ago

When will mankind  look beyond its differences to notice what it has in common?

2. xstatic profile image61
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

When more of mankind joins groups like HubPages and sees how much we have in common.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I suppose this could happen if we were all stripped to the bare and had to go into survival mode.

4. nasake profile image60
    nasakeposted 5 years ago

Hopefully very soon. I'd love to live in a world where every bodies opinions, beliefs, philosophies and ideas are left to flourish without scrutiny.

5. Leaderofmany profile image59
    Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago

I think this is an impossible feat until, we all have passed and gone to our beyond whatever that may be. Families can't even see the common things among themselves let alone see the common things in complete strangers.

6. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 5 years ago

Right now to see the difference is so ingrained that we may not get to that point, at least, not in my lifetime.  A much as I hope and prayer for that day and try to help those in my circel of influence see the "in common" it is usually only shorted lived.  Maybe in my next life?????

7. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

For at least 5,000 years, and probably for 3 million, we haven't done it yet. Very few, in each generation, see themselves as people with a world full of brothers and sisters. Yet some always do. I think it is better to live that way now, and not worry about when or whether others are ready to love their brothers and sisters as themselves and love their enemies.

8. DFiduccia profile image79
    DFiducciaposted 5 years ago

My estimate would be about one hundred years more, unless some worldwide disaster causes humans to pull together and look beyond wealth, race, and religion.