jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

If you are a Christian, do you go to church (physical building)? How often?

1. Treasuresofheaven profile image70
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

If you are a Christian, do you go to church (physical building)? How often?

The Body of Christ is the Church.  I am referring to church here as a physical building where believers come together to fellowship, worship and hear the word of God preached, etc...

2. Brian Gosur profile image60
    Brian Gosurposted 7 years ago

I go every week and I have a home men's bible study. It's great to fellowship around God's word. I also have a website that gets God's Word out every day, one verse at a time. It's free. Please take a look and if you like it sign up and send it out to everyone you know.
    http://MyLoveNotesFromGod.com

Gos bless
    Brian

3. christopheranton profile image74
    christopherantonposted 7 years ago

I am, but I dont, and I should. As a catholic I should go to Mass every Sunday, but it has been quite a while since I have been now. I never fell out with the church. I just fell out of the habit of attending regularly.

4. profile image54
    exorterposted 7 years ago

I go twice on Sunday and go wensday nite,
    I want feed when I can

5. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 7 years ago

I am pretty traditional....Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays...pretty much whenever the doors are open, I can be found there...

6. profile image51
    sunny5555posted 7 years ago

I go to church 6 times a week and have ministry out side of the church. For me, every day and all day is about God whether prayer, thinking, talking, I love my God.

7. Treasuresofheaven profile image70
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

Thanks all, for responding to this question.  Church going is still alive and kicking according to you.  Anymore responses, send them in, I'm still open.

8. Thesource profile image78
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

I have not heard or read anywhere that Christ wanted us to go to Church on Sunday. So you could still believe in the true teaching of Christ and not go to Church.

9. One Body profile image55
    One Bodyposted 7 years ago

We meet in homes twice a week but I only go when I'm blessed to go.  Usually once a week.

Please read my blog here, Lets-unsplinter-the-Body-of-Christ

10. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 7 years ago

Yes I do go to church.  Going to church is for our benefit.  When we come together to worship we gain strength and understanding of God and through our worship and praise of God he gives us strength for the coming week.  I go to church everythime the door is open.  I also am very active in my church as well.  I gain so much from church.  Worshiping with other believers is a wonderful experience.  Also our church is a lighthouse to the community and we get to see non-believers come to Christ and that makes my heart sing for joy. This also makes me more determined to go and spread the word of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  The church is not what is inside but we the people as we live our lives outside the church as well as worship inside the church.

11. Ynys Dyn profile image58
    Ynys Dynposted 7 years ago

The physical building is the place where the Body of Christ gathers - therefore, if I want to be a part of the Body, I think it's necessary to be a part of its assembly. As such, I go to church every Sunday and twice a month I spend further fellowship with the group of people from my college who attend to same church. Community and connectedness is an essential part to growing in Christ - therefore, whether I like it or not (which can be the latter quite often), I try to attend as regularly as possible.

working