jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Have you done a good deed lately? I'm not boasting or anything, but I have. An

1. NewHorizons profile image81
    NewHorizonsposted 7 years ago

Have you done a good deed lately?  I'm not boasting or anything, but I have.  And I feel...

big satisfaction whenever I remember or think of it.  So much so that I intend to repeat it with someone else in the near future.

2. barryrutherford profile image79
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

I gave blood just before Xmas my 134th donation so far !

3. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 7 years ago

Although people of all faiths should be encouraged to be charitable,Christians have to operate under a rather unusual teaching which this question will encourage them to violate. Here it is:

Matthew 6:2-4 (New King James Version)

2 Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

Is it an important teaching? Yes because Jesus came up with it to  decrease hypocrisy which He  absolutely detested.

4. christ4ever profile image63
    christ4everposted 7 years ago

I agree with Dr.Dean and his example of the scripture quoted as far as altruism and remaining anonymous.
    For more info refer to the (3-part series) at these Hubs:
    (1) http://hubpages.com/hub/Well-Done-Thou- … ul-Servant
    (2) http://hubpages.com/hub/Well-Done-Thou- … -Servant-2
    (3) http://hubpages.com/hub/Well-Done-Thou- … -Servant-3
    Where we illustrate stewardship and charity more thoroughly.

5. NewHorizons profile image81
    NewHorizonsposted 7 years ago

i was expecting such a re-action Dr.Dean.  That's why I said I am not boasting.  I only did it to encourage others to do the same.  You know how the internet is full of rubbish and we should try to seminate some good sense, in my opinion.

With regards to your comment and that of Christ4ever:  Why did Jesus Christ perform miracles, to show-off his mighty powers and brag.  No.  He did it in good faith, to attract people to Him.

Barryrutherford, well done.  I never did that because I'm afraid that if I donate my blood I would kill somebody with it, haha.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i know how you feel. i helped out a family get their new home built and it made me feel great. tell everyone about any good deeds you do as it will help others want to do good deeds also.

7. profile image0
    UrsulaRoseposted 7 years ago

Good For You!

I try to 'pay it forward' in a variety of ways both big and small.

8. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Your question has inspired me to do more.
    Thanks.

9. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

Satisfaction is always felt when we truly show the love of God.
    Telling us you did a good deed is not sounding a trumpet...and you have done nothing wrong by telling us about it. You have rather, encouraged us to do the same.

working