More on forgiveness

1. ryannamarie profile image48
    ryannamarieposted 7 years ago

More on forgiveness

Thank you 4 your answer, it helps a LOT. I am a fire filled 16 year old. I love God with all my heart & I want nothing more than 2 walk in my calling. I have been set & firm in what i thought i believed until recently. God began revealing many things 2 me & hes using my boyfriend 2 help me. I believe when we sin, it brings about bondage, & when we ask 4 forgiveness, its not that we dont already have it, because thats why Jesus died, but its the fact that we then RECIEVE forgiveness & the chains &  bondages are broken & we become FREE but my bf thinks we r already free & we dont have 2 ask?

2. profile image50
    sunny5555posted 7 years ago

Anyone will fall short, to ask to be forgiven is very important, I like to go one step beyond that though, it is to repent, which means someone will not go back and do it again, and yes I have repented from some things.

3. Kristeen profile image70
    Kristeenposted 7 years ago

It is very refreshing to know a 16 y/o like you is strong and firm in the faith. I am more than happy to answer your questions.

You are right, sin is a chain that pulls on us and drags us down, but Jesus sets us free from that chain and gives us freedom from the guilt of sin which makes us free to serve him without fear of punishment.

For your boyfriends sake, yes we are already free and forgiven, but out of love for God we need to come to him daily in prayer. Forgiveness is granted before we ask it, but God wants us to be sorry and he wants us to pray. Prayer is a heart to heart talk with God. It's like talking to a friend.

Blessings to both of you!
    In Christ,