jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

If today was your last day on earth, how would you spend it?

1. naijainvestor profile image61
    naijainvestorposted 7 years ago

If today was your last day on earth, how would you spend it?

2. Philipo profile image39
    Philipoposted 7 years ago

Wao.  I will definitely draw closer to God and ask for forgiveness of known and unknown sins.  I will also recocile as much as possible with people I might have hurt.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Probably in bed with a beautiful woman !

Certainly a party that's for sure, no long faces and definately no Vicars or Priests !

But of course how would we know it was our last day ?  Who is making the decision, are we on Death Row or something ?

Lying like a vegatable in a hospital bed somewhere comatose ?

What ?

4. winston349159 profile image60
    winston349159posted 7 years ago

How I would like to spend my last day on earth: I would like to spend my last day, if I am conscious, reflecting on my position in Christ and declaring like the apostle Paul that: "For I am already poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord , the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only me , but also to all who have longed for his appearing". (2 Timothy 4: 6-8). I would not worry about the things that I could not accomplish; that would be useless. I would like to know that I am at peace with the Lord, that I do not leave this world with any type of enmity or bitterness.

5. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

My motto in life is....

''LiVE FOR TODAY TOMORROW NEVER COMES ,LIVE TODAY LIKE IT WAS YOUR LAST ,YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN LIFE  WILL END ''

BUT ..I hope when  my time on earth is about to end I am not aware of  the fact .

6. Don Ship profile image78
    Don Shipposted 7 years ago

I would eat and sleep. What else? tongue It's gonna be like any other day to me. Lol. big_smile

7. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

The way I spend it every day. Death can come in any instant I.E. Car accident.

Some leading causes of death are:

* Heart disease:  - could happen inside a minute
        * Stroke - can happen in 30 seconds

8. profile image0
    surlyoldcatposted 7 years ago

Wow. Not too sure how to answer this one. I would say it depends on the situation.

Zombie Apocalypse - I'm going down, I'm going down fighting.

Personal death (killed, falling out of a building again, hit by a car, eaten by man-eating carnivorous celery) - uhm...probably make some sort of noise in terrible instant pain and agony, then expire. Might make a bit of a mess too, now that I think of it.

Alien invasion - might fight or do what I would do for planetary catastrophe...

Planetary catastrophe - SIt in my front yard with a bottle of Jack, soda and ice, do some mixers and watch everyone run around in a useless panic before the planet goes "Poof."

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I'd probably write a freakin' hub about it, and then drink beer and listen to music.

10. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

If I knew that today is gonna be my last day...I would definitely be penning down letters or emails to all  the friends and family that I love, admire, and like.
    I think 'cause of my ego and busy schedule; I am not able to tell them their positive traits and how it is influencing my life so, I better let them know smile

11. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

I'm not certain it would depend on what I was spiritually and physically capable of being permitted to do.

12. sturner1 profile image66
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

If it was, I'd make sure the people that are special in my life knew just how much I loved them, and had my family around me. No matter what I did throughout that day, the last thing I would want to see would be the sunset.

13. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Enjoy my last moments with my loved one and strangers if they cared to join. Plenty of music, wine and all the other good stuff!

After the bright flash, we would have crossed over, and some old friends, relatives and the Creator would join us in our merry making.

14. onegoodwoman profile image78
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

It is not my call, so I might not get the chance to do these things.  If they however, were in my power......

My daughters would be called to me.  I would brush their hair, kiss their faces, calm their fears, and attempt to tell them what a tremendous honour it has been to be their mother.  I would assure them that I had given them the best   foundation I knew how to lay, and reasure them that, I trust their judgements and decisions going forward. They are worthy either to pursue careers or rear my Grandchildren. It is ok, if they try to balance the two.    They will be fine without me. It is time for them to build tomorrow, remembering me will be enough.

Then, I would make, sweet, slow, and tender love with my husband, holding nothing back, knowing it would his final memory of me.

Already being under God's Grace, my last day would be dedicated to moving my family forward.

15. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

I would spend my day loving my family and praising God.

working