jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why and what are you bitter about?

1. heavenbound5511 profile image79
    heavenbound5511posted 7 years ago

Why and what are you bitter about?

I'm going to do a page on bitterness and I welcome all your feelings and input.
    What causes you to feel bitter. How did you get over it. Has bitterness ruined your life, family, relationships? So I'm really looking for all answers pertaining to bitterness, and how and why we have it in our lives.

2. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure bitter is the correct term.  But I'm unhappy that I have to endure so much physical pain in my old age... joint pain.  And I became suddenly impotent a few years ago.  Doctor tells me there is nothing that can be done for my problems.  So that takes a lot of joy out of life for me.

I hadn't expected these things in my old age.

3. Claudin_Dayo profile image61
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

Right now, I guess not really bitter but it really felt bad to bid good bye to a loved one.. . Well I know death is inevitable but there's just this why's, everyday I was telling him how much we loved and cherish him, I really enjoyed his presence but he died .. .
    I never knew death would snatch him from me this soon

4. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Bitter is as bitter gets so I don't get bitter very often.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i'm bothered rather then bitter about the world. it's bothers me how people seem to want the governments and religions to think for them. we have lost faith in each other and instead we turn to others for all our needs. hmmm maybe i am bitter.

6. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

That Unrighteousness is so dominant in the world and that evil have had its way.

7. jessyferari1 profile image60
    jessyferari1posted 7 years ago

Yes i can say I'm bitter about pretty much everything. When i start to let myself think about the world and life in general i get in one of my moods, where i wish everything and everyone would disappear. Media for instance sparks that in me!!

8. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

There are too many ways that cause people to become bitter.  Holding grudges against someone is probably the worst of all.  I know people who hold grudges still today against people who have died. 

The way to keep bitterness away, is to forgive those who hurt you.  Then forgive yourself for holding onto bitterness.  After this one must simply, "Think yourself happy."  Count it all joy when bitterness tries to take over your life, then cast it aside like yesterday's trash.