Do you think that man has lost his humanity?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Dr. Amilia profile image37
    Dr. Amiliaposted 7 years ago

Do you think that man has lost his humanity?

2. jammy15 profile image55
    jammy15posted 7 years ago

Yes, I do. Today human cares for him only, hardly helps anyone who is in need. For his benefit he has become cruel. He can rip off the skin of innocent animals for fur, can cook animals live, just beacause he thinks this way they taste better, kills innocent children just because they are from another releigion, leave you own parents to live them like beggars.... phew their are plenty of things and the list is never ending to prove that human has beacome inhuman.

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 7 years ago

I am not all that convinced mankind ever had that much humanity. Most of our history is one of bloody conflict with one another. Humanity is a term that is repeated quite frequently and it is possible to create false memories thru repatition of a word or phrase, that can feel just as real as real memories to the individual. They cause the same physical reaction and this is being exploited by our media outlets. I believe the recent out bursts of violent behavior could be a result of this. If it is, it is going to get a lot worse, very quickly, in my uneducated opinion.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

no i don't . i think man has lost his faith in others and it's causing hatred and misunderstanding. people will believe in a god with all their heart but when it comes to their fellow humans , not so much.

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

Absolutely yes. the solution for lost humanity is simply this: be love be peace be free. Just be it. This is what every single human being is to the core of their being. If you are not being this in your everyday life on the earth, then you are living in the twilight zone on the earth and you will be confused and try to find your way back to reality in life on the earth.

6. ladyjojo profile image61
    ladyjojoposted 7 years ago

When you say MAN do you mean MANKIND?

Hi good day

Lovely question smile

Well if it's mankind yes i would say some have lost their humanity towards others.

Lack of love
    Lack of care
    Lack of kindness
    Lack of giving
    Lack of reaching out to others in general.
    Lack of prayer and belief, etc

Also one of the biggest lost is the one to become so evil to lose every drop of human feelings for another human where you can murder, rape, stab and hack to death without any care in the world, feeling no remorse of what you have done.

Mankind has fallen lower than the animals

7. Beege215e profile image65
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

Perhaps it is more that humans have lost their humane-ness. Being humans we have emotions and those can become confused and overpowering at times. Jealousy, fear, hate and anger are very powerful things, and they can cause us to be less than humane to our fellow beings. What humans need to learn; things they tend to overlook, are the gentle emotions. Love, acceptance, understanding and kindness need to be more a part of our everyday life. Those things make us more humane, they make us better humans.
    In today's world those are the most important yet less nurtured emotions. It is easier to get lost now more than ever.

8. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Define humanity.

Mostly they're still greedy, self centered and vicious creatures and not too bright either.  But they are cleaner than they used to be.

I have a pretty low opinion of humans as a whole.  I'm not at all impressed and embarrassed to be part of the human race.

But I assume the universe is unfolding as it should and there are some lessons to be learned from this life.  Or maybe it is just a cruel joke.

9. Jarn profile image80
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

As individuals, no. We are just as caring and compassionate as we've always been, and would help another person less fortunate than ourselves were we all not at the bottom of the effing ladder. From a national or more correctly and institutional standpoint, we are soulless abominations who would gladly see another person homeless, alone, and starving in the snow if it meant an extra dollar in the boss's pocket.

10. Ruchira profile image67
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

YES...Absolutely!

In this Rat Race we are just running around with no goals but to fill up our pockets with all the possible materialistic happiness and for that MAN has hid his soul and conscious in the locker and has thrown the key to it in the DEEP DEEP Ocean smile

11. AngusNz profile image60
    AngusNzposted 7 years ago

Man has never achieved humanity, every time they take life for sport or recreation, whatever they consider its worth shows a lack of humanity, if Humans were truly evolved to a Humanitarian state  it would account for all life as well as fellow humans and killing for pure sport with no requirement for survival would be considered an inhumane act.

12. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

That's a very generalized question, but on the larger scale I think that yes, a lot of mankind, or rather, a lot of Americans are more concerned for themselves than they are their fellows, and this is not a healthy way to live.

13. coolbreeze profile image50
    coolbreezeposted 7 years ago

Do you see the government acting human?  China uses publicly admitted population control. The USA is using subversive methods to kill off its people. Shots, viruses, tobacco , pharmaceuticals.

14. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 7 years ago

most man. the ones in this so called power that they have. to them, humanity can be replace by a dollar and the self center people. and all the world can die just as long that they making money. not saying there no great people in this world for it is, and the good people is in my opinion about 70% of the people in this world. but the neo con, one world, corporation, fascist people are going to kill this world if they not stop

15. 1WolfPack profile image55
    1WolfPackposted 7 years ago

I believe we have, but I also believe on an individual level, that perhaps we should block out the inherent lack of faith that surrounds us, and instead try to live positively every day. If we can smile and be generous to those in need or less fortunate, then perhaps one day our positivity will radiate, and finally encourage those around us to also become positive. Only through perpetual love and tolerance can we reverse the already significant damage. It doesn't do anybody any good, running around killing each other.

I just don't understand why we cannot put our differences aside and come to realize that beyond our skin color, ethnicity or language, our similarities are far more innumerable than our conflicts will ever be.

16. Mark Upshaw profile image61
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

How is that possible?  Humanity losing its humanity?  What?  I think you are asking if humanity is less than human or animalistic.  Sounds like you might be looking backward rather than forward.  It is pretty hard to drive ahead when looking through the rear view mirror.

17. sheen khan profile image35
    sheen khanposted 7 years ago

yeah mostly people lost their humaity ,they thik about themself only love, feelings, sense of sweetness are nowhere.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)