jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Are you one of those that go down with the ship?Or leave at the first sign of tr

1. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Are you one of those that go down with the ship?Or leave at the first sign of trouble?

2. swb78 profile image60
    swb78posted 7 years ago

I would say that I am a person who will go down with a ship that has honor. I am a very loyal person so if I can respect a cause or person, I will hang in there through thick and thin.

3. f_hruz profile image73
    f_hruzposted 7 years ago

Is there nothing worth considering in between these extremes?

4. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

I agree with f_hruz, whose answer I voted up. As long as the ship is worth trying to save I'd like to think I would "go down with" it. As swb78 says, it must be a ship of honor though.

5. Iontach profile image85
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Go down with the ship as long as the ship is worth it and there is potential that the ship can be saved and have a future. I don't like giving up on anything and I try to stick things till the end. There's always hope.

6. parthavi profile image60
    parthaviposted 7 years ago

It depends on the ship I am in. If the ship is worth abandoning I will. If the ship is going down, then common sense dictates that I save myself and help others save themselves from shipping, rather than saving the ship, which will be an impossible task for someone like me who is not a film hero. In any case, going down with the ship does not make any sense. There are people who cause a ship to wreck. Keeping my eyes open and spotting these people and stopping them if possible or warning others can be a great service.

7. RicardoE profile image71
    RicardoEposted 7 years ago

I go down with the ship!!! trying to rescue it even when it is already shrink.

8. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 7 years ago

I go down with the ship brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. B. Matter profile image56
    B. Matterposted 7 years ago

Go down with the ship; hopefully, someone will throw me a life preserver or a ride in their life boat.

10. KatieCohen profile image57
    KatieCohenposted 7 years ago

there are so many ways to answer this question. I have a tendency to hold on to things I shouldn't, but I also lose interest very quickly and jump from thing to thing to thing.

11. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

like these other guys have said, it purely depends on the circumstances of the situation, the ship going down, whether it be a metaphor or actual, it depends on whether or not it is worth the fight, or if it's a lost cause, and you remaining on the ship will not only be the end of you, but those that where waiting along side you

sometimes it's best to evaluate the situation and bail before there are too many casualties,

but equaly, you could ride the waves through the tough of it all and hope for glory, maybe it'll end in tears or maybe you'll be a hero

so in answer of your question, i would probably do both, if at all posible

12. Keith Worth profile image59
    Keith Worthposted 7 years ago

While for a second I almost agreed with everyone about it being contextual, I'd have to say go ahead and strap an anchor on me because I'm not living the vessel. Doomed cause or not, if you're going to invest yourself in something you have to give all of yourself to it or it can never make it anyway.

My ship=my tomb, what better way to go out than with the cause you devoted yourself to.

13. All_is_well profile image57
    All_is_wellposted 7 years ago

Depends, did I go bump the ship into the Ice-berg?
    If yes then i most definately would stay, if i didn't then - live now, fight later!