Simple answer: Because God said so. We are all members of His body and He proved it by sending His son to die for our sins. What more can I say and not be redundant.
God made me in his image and likeness, not physical image, but his nature. His is peaceful, loving, kind, forgiving, patient, he does not hold any grudges. He cares for me as my heavenly father. Despite how far I move away from him he reaches out and draw me back again. He supplies all my need according to his riches in glory. What more can I ask!
I became a child of God the moment my sins were forgiven and I was born again. I repented of my sins and accepted the finished work of Jesus on the cross. He paid the price for my sin and the sins of the whole world. "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God," Romans 8:16.
peterxdunn...God's Holy Word (the Bible) was written over a period of 1500 years; 66 individual books written by over 40 authors. It is filled with prophecies that have been fulfilled over that expanse of time. If you took the time to really study it, you would soon realize that it's Truth cannot be denied. Also, the reason that so many will die in the end times is because they have refused to accept the free gift of salvation that God offers. Accept it and spend eternity with the Lord. Refuse it and spend eternity in a place called Hell.
If we have accepted Jesus as our Savior, we are children of God. Faith is a mysterious thing. We just know that we know.
When I found myself seeing clearly without human eyes at a point 5 meters off my body's left shoulder and 5 meters off the ground, that showed me that I am spiritual in nature. There was no trauma or drugs involved, so this was not some physically induced hallucination.
When I found myself in rush hour traffic on one of the busiest streets in the world, one moment considering the idea of traffic opening up, and the next having more than 2,000 cars cooperate in that silent request, that showed me that I am a source of creation.
When an 11,625-year-old memory brings me to such tears that I have never known this lifetime, that showed me that I am an immortal in a temporary physical shell.
If one can define God as a non-physical, spiritual and an immortal source of creation, and if Genesis 1:26 is true -- that we are created in His image -- then I am I am.
Well, that's simple and clear as follows:
1. We can know that we are child of God for the Bible tells us. Those who have eternal life are those who believe in Jesus Christ. Those who believe in Jesus Christ are the children of God. ( I John 5: 11-15)
2.. We are given the Holy Spirit at the moment we believe in Jesus Christ. That indwelling Spirit of God affirms us that we are the child of God. " And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession- to the praise of his glory" ( Eph. 1: 13)
3. We experience unspeakable peace that the world can't give , " Peace I leave with you; my peace i give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" ( John 14: 27).
4. We experience joy in the midst of sufferings and problems in life, " You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wined abound" ( Ps 4: 7). " Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls" ( I peter 1: 8).
5. We experience transformation in our life. This transformation is clearly seen in the life of Paul ( Acts 9). We love the Bible, spend time with God and fellow believers. We leave our sinful life and bad habits. We serve our Savior with pure and rejoice in heart.
6. We love Jesus Christ and other people including those who hate us. Loving our enemies can only be seen in the live of believers who experience the forgiveness of God. We put Jesus in the center of our lives and follow His footsteps against bad habits and immorality. Then, We have love and compassion for others, " Oh, that my head were a spring of water and my eyes a fountain of tears! I would weep day and night for the slain of my people" ( Jer. 9: 1). There are still so many points that we can come up with the answers, however, let me leave a chance to answer by others .
Have you experience such kind of life that we mention above ? The child of God experiences those issues what others ( unbelievers) do not understand in life...... shalom!
Haven't a clue. It's one of those religious concepts I guess. How would you know if you were NOT a child of God?
by youcanwin4 years ago
Salvation is free for all, regardless of your religion, faith, country of origin, your ethnicity, cast, creed or your language, it is free for all. Jesus paid the price. Just believe that Jesus came to this...
by Kathryn L Hill2 weeks ago
Q. What does Jesus know? A. He knew that the kingdom of God is found within.The New Testament, originally written in Greek, includes many accounts of the life and ministry of Jesus and all these accounts have the same...
by Edikan Victor8 years ago
when problem comes to my life, i always rely on God to solve it. i always give thanks to what God had given for me, no matter its good or bad.Sometimes i complaining about something and blaming to God, soo..I also...
by ShaunLindbergh3 weeks ago
Christians often speak of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.What does this mean? Please describe your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. What makes it a "personal" relationship?
by Precious Pearl10 months ago
All those that believe in Jesus, came to Him under different circumstances ... some came through a crisis, other's came through an experience, still others came through going to church, others came through reading the...
by PhoenixV18 months ago
How Does A Christian Know If They Are Saved Or Not?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.