The Rapture has already happened & you are left behind in purgatory limbo - figh

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image69
    ptosisposted 13 years ago

The Rapture has already happened & you are left behind in purgatory limbo - fighting the risen dead

(zombies) and the only escape into heaven is to sacrifice yourself for another - would you die for a stranger to go to heaven - or be too scared to be be turned into a zombie to only help yourself?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4658159_f260.jpg

2. shogan profile image75
    shoganposted 13 years ago

Is this the premise of some new XBOX game?

3. stclairjack profile image76
    stclairjackposted 13 years ago

gota say, this is by far the most bizar question i've seen posted so far,... and therefor i simply MUST answer it.

i have no problem with death, dying is generaly a bitch, but death i have no problem with.

one has to wonder how much comedy would ensue when all those in the post-rapture limbo realize the way to heaven is to die for another,.... imagine the hillarity when it becomes competitive to see who can die for another,... who has to kill them,.... whos turn it is,.... who cheated,.... who tries repeatedly to die for another only to keep surviving in a more and more rediculous state of medical  mess?

thanks for that one man, i needed that on a monday night.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image75
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years ago

Kudos for the pseudo end times prophecy based question.  I'm sort of a prophecy nut, and I WAY into the whole world situation, and I constantly measure how it all fits into end times prophecy.

Right this minute, the whole "Gog and Magog" scenario seems to be getting ready for a kick off in the Middle East.  Bring on the book of Ezekiel!

5. Thesource profile image67
    Thesourceposted 13 years ago

Nice question!

First, I don't believe in the rapture.
    At the heart of the teaching of Jesus is this:

"Love your neighbor as you love yourself"

Jesus did not say you should love your neighbor more than yourself.

Therefore giving you own life for someone else should not be a Christian message. It is your personal decision if you decide to do so.

So giving up your life for this Christian salvation is actually not actually Christian. Do you see the self contradiction? ....."You should not love your neighbor more than yourself"

6. mcrawford76 profile image80
    mcrawford76posted 13 years ago

I think I would prefer to continue to fight the undead. If I die in sacrafice to another so be it. But I know myself, and I know I would continue fighting until I had no breath left in me. Perhaps I could kill enough of Satan's minions to grant myself a pass to salvation in the process.

7. ptosis profile image69
    ptosisposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4661177_f260.jpg

Actually, I read a paperback sci-fi book that was about this - I didn't make it up myself but the book was really good - just don't remember the title.

Call me crazy but I believe that if you die for someone else then that's your ticket to 'heaven' - so all those secret service guys are my heros because it's their job to take the bullet for the prez.

There is no other job description that come close to that other than firemen who expose themselves to danger to put a fire out.

BTW 'heaven' is an idea and not a place or location. You can have a little piece of heaven right now if you go to youtube and watch all those laughing babies - a few videos and you can't help but feel a little better about life. I think suicide therapy should include luaghing babies or manical luaghing people.

8. poorconservative1 profile image60
    poorconservative1posted 13 years ago

I have no idea what the hell your talking about with that question but that is a totally cool picture. Looks like the mirror does when I get up in the morning.

9. profile image52
    Nora Louposted 13 years ago

Hello...I just got signed up for HubPages, and I am really excited to find it! I am a former graduate student in Religious Studies, and I still consider myself something of a scholar or religion. I just want to point out that the term "rapture" is not found in the either the Hebrew Bible (what Christians call the Old Testament) or the New Testament. It is a later development of Christian eschatology and a translation of 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The early original churches rejected the idea: A quote from a Wiki article says this: because there is no reference to it among any of the early Church fathers nor any traditional teaching and it's not biblical, in that it contradicts the chronology given by Jesus Himself, creating a dilemma of either believing in a rapture while calling Jesus (the one whom they believe to be God) a liar, or accepting what Jesus told them in the exact chronological sequences He specified, and because of their rejection of the 19th-century concept of dispensationalism

10. selene383 profile image60
    selene383posted 13 years ago

hahaha,

First of all i dont believe that we would have to sacrifice our life to get into heaven. I would do what ever i could for that other person and try to keep them and myself alive. I am a fighter, i do not give up or backdown, ever! I would fight untill the end and then after that I would fight beside my creater....

but that is a personal choice, some people would give their life for others simply because that is their personality.

11. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 13 years ago

Kill me now- I have been to heaven when I died- 3 part hub series on that- Death is only a small price to pay for getting into heaven-not a problem-
    TH

12. NateSean profile image67
    NateSeanposted 13 years ago

Somehow I doubt being turned into a zombie would actually get me in to heaven. Unless any part of the new testement actually allows me to munch on some little girl's eyeballs to gain access to the Pearly Gates.

13. thejeffriestube profile image61
    thejeffriestubeposted 13 years ago

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to go with being a one-man zombie fighting mercenary. If I save someone at some point and get taken down myself, heaven would be nice, but in that situation it's being able to take out as many zombies as possible on the way out. I'm thinking there's going to be alot of explosives involved.........

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)