jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why are we blind before we accept Christ?

1. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Why are we blind before we accept Christ?

2. Timshapiro profile image59
    Timshapiroposted 7 years ago

Why are you blind before you accept Budah, Zeus, Muhamad or any other fictional piece of literary historical fiction?

Pike stated that "We don't see a point/meaning of life until we accept the possibility of something greater than ourselves"... ooookay... Sorry. That's not accurate.

The question to the point of our existence starts with "Why do I exist" then it proceeds eventually to the question "To what purpose do I exist". The question is "Why?" okay. So we're here to be good boys and girls and go to heaven and live with god. We're still left with the question "Why?" what's the point.... uh... to live with god.... forever... FOREVER.

That's not a point. Existing to live forever in the company of someone is not an answer to the existence of why you exist in the first place. And it sure as hell isn't looking at anything greater than someone with an IQ of 40.

3. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago
  4. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

Good answer, Phoebe Pike.  I detect a lot of bitterness in the answer above yours.   From my observations this is the forerunner to a more sustained search for meaning.   Once the big questions start being asked, the searcher is on their way to shedding ego-mind's soap opera.

5. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

As the old saying goes 'seeing is believing'.

6. arb profile image79
    arbposted 7 years ago

seeing is the reward of believing, it is the power of faith. Faith is like turning the light on in a dark room, it illuminates the room we call the mind.

7. christicue profile image73
    christicueposted 7 years ago

1 John 1:5 says, "God is light, in Him there is no darkness."  Separation from God means we reject the light and therefore are in darkness.  Seeking God means we desire light and therefore are no longer blind.  It's more of an eyes opened in acceptance of God and seeking Him as opposed to eyes closed in rejection to God and a desire to serve oneself that results in spiritual sight or blindness.  If you spent your day with your eyes closed because the light hurt your eyes whenever you tried to open them you might as well be blind.  Noone can see with their eyes glued shut...you're just blind.  Accepting Christ means we look to Him, accept Him and allow the light of truth to shine in our hearts.  This can only happen when our eyes are opened desiring truth and, as a result, we are no longer blind.  Jesus is the only way.

"And they shall know the truth and the truth shall set them free."
    John 8:32

"And when the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed."
    John 8:36

"I am the way, the Truth and the life, no man can come unto the Father but by me."
    John 14:6

8. CARIBQUEEN profile image73
    CARIBQUEENposted 7 years ago

Because of unbelief sometimes there are scales over our eyes which can be removed by our acceptance.

9. profile image0
    Multimanposted 7 years ago

The real question is why are people so blind after accepting Christ?

working