jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you deal with a sad event?

1. skisy profile image82
    skisyposted 6 years ago

How do you deal with a sad event?

What are your coping mechanisms for dealing with bad news, a sad event, or difficult situation in your life?

2. TinaTango profile image66
    TinaTangoposted 6 years ago

I drive ....I drive for everything -if I am stressed, I drive around the island, if I'm sad - I drive around the island.  It's very calming for me.

3. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Depends on what you mean by sad.  Mostly I pray, but if it's really sad, I cry.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I'm not proud of this but I developed a habit, now an addiction, of eating my way through any strong emotions, especially sad situations.

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

I pray for blessing to be strong. I follow my instincts and cope with the sadness in prayers. I look forward to a better day and leave the sadness behind me. Taking it as a lesson in life and I grow stronger each time.

6. jcnasia profile image61
    jcnasiaposted 6 years ago

I cry.  Last year, we lost my brother to cancer and my wife's dad to a series of illnesses, both in the same week.  We cried a lot.  They were both worth grieving over, and the only thing that helped us get through this really hard time was our faith that it shouldn't be like this and someday everything will be made right.  We still cry sometimes.

7. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

Whenever such occur, i remember God more.