What God given rights do Christian women have?
What rights that are given by God do Christian woman have?
Ok the answers I got did not answer my question...I want to know what RIGHTS are given to Christian women by God...for instance in Islam as Muslim women we have rights given to us by God Himself to ensure that we are not taken advantage of and mistreated...for example we have rights to our own property and money...which means that no man can take our money without our approval or take our property tht belongs rightfully to us and do with it as he wishes...These are just a couple of our RIGHTS..So I wantto know do Christian woman have God given rights?
A woman has any rights that a man has or any human for that matter. I'm sorry, I do not know why people would actually do that to themselves as a slave to any religion. Good luck with all that.
christian women have a lot more rights then muslim women ever will. as for god given, there would have to be a god in the first place. christian woman can be ministers, they can own whatever they want , they can dress how they want etc.,
I understand that Muslim women have a clearly stated right to property separate from the control of men. (I haven't read the Koran myself, I have only read about this right.) You would be correct if you thought that there is no exact right of that nature given to Christian women.
I'm not sure I think in terms of "rights" given to women, but here are my thoughts:
1) When a Christian woman is married to a Christian man, the husband's body is said to "belong" to his wife not to himself. (The body of the wife in a reciprocal way is understood to "belong' to the husband.) Married Christian couples are also specifically told not to sexually deprive each other, except for a short time by mutual concent. I take these two passages to give a married Christian woman a right to a sexual life with her husband, and that a sexual outlet is not to be withheld from her.
2) Christian men are told to treat unmarried women in the church as sisters, meaning, I think, that Christian men are supposed to take a brotherly, even protective attitude towards all Christian women, not just those who are their blood relatives. This might be taken to mean Christian women have a "right" to masculine help and support from within the household of God.
3) Christian women are given status of equality with men before God with the biblical statement "In Christ there is no male or female...all are one in Christ."
4) In the ministry of Jesus and in the early centuries of the church women had roles of responsibility & influence. I don't know if this could be described as a "right," though it seems very valuable. Perhaps it is the right to be a disciple, and the right to be active in serving God.
5) Widows are mentioned as a group of people who the church should take care of, at least elderly widows. Since no such provision is mentioned for elderly men, it seems elderly women can expect a practical support from the church that is not extended to elderly men.
I wrote a hub about women in the early church here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-Women-Talk- … ostle-Paul
Christian women have the following God (YHWH) given rights:
1. right to eternal life through acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior.
2. right to forgiveness (salvation) - the precious blood of Jesus covers us from our sin
3. right to recieving Jesus as our inheritance - He is a gift to us for eternity.
4. right to be transformed - the Spirit of God changes us and makes us conformed to His image.
5. right to love - our husbands are commanded to love their wives as Jesus loves the church (His believers and followers)
6. right to truth - we are able to learn about the Truth, who is the Lord Jesus
7. right to peace - Jesus is the Prince of Peace, giving peace to our hearts and our minds
And the list could continue, but just to give you an idea...
by calico Stark 21 months ago
Does a Christian woman have a biblical right to divorce her emotionally abusive husband?Is emotional abuse a valid reason for a person to get a divorce? Or should the spouse believe for a supernatural transformation?
by Martie Coetser 8 years ago
Being a Christian, means being a follower of Jesus Christ. Not so? Does this means a Christian has to be a martyr, willing to DIE emotionally or physically in order for others to live, or to have a better life?In a marriage, should/may/must a Christian wife allows her husband to abuse her (and her...
by Aiysha Jebali 7 years ago
Christian women and their relationships.I would like to know why it says in the new testimont that woment should not teach or be heard and should be under and respect their husband but in the old testimont it talks about several female prophets and women in power? I have been going to Church since...
by Regan Clem 7 years ago
Our rights do not come from the Constitution; even our founders knew that. The founders derived their belief in rights from a belief in a Creator. Our rights are given to us by the Creator, they are given to all humans equally, and they are unalienable. So, in writing the Bill of...
by Neha J 5 years ago
Should Christian women wear pants?
by Christalone 2 years ago
Is it a sin for a Christian woman to be in a relationship with a man 4 years younger than her
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|