jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it okay for a man to strive for perfection in anything he does and is it ever

1. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

Is it okay for a man to strive for perfection in anything he does and is it ever possible to achieve

2. mommyneal6 profile image78
    mommyneal6posted 7 years ago

There is nothing wrong with striving for perfection, actually it's a good thing. The bad thing is when you can not accept that nothing can ever be done perfectly and that's when people get unplesant to be around. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder because everbody has their own standards of perfection. So to answer the question, no, it is not possible to be perfect.

3. Phasmatis profile image84
    Phasmatisposted 7 years ago

Striving to be better to surpass yourself is a good thing but perfection doesn't exist. It is an illusion.

I like how it was put in Bleach that Perfection is a dead end for there there is no longer room for improvement or advancement.

4. TheManWithNoPants profile image71
    TheManWithNoPantsposted 7 years ago

Perfection is nothing more than a perception dude.  I think it's honorable to strive for 100%  If giving a hundred percent results in perfection, awesome.  If giving a 100% results in coming close to perfection, awesome.  The satisfaction of knowing that you put it all out there, and had nothing left to give is the ultimate high.  At least, that's the way I see it.
                                   jim

5. nextstopjupiter profile image80
    nextstopjupiterposted 7 years ago

I don't want to live in a perfect world because there is no room for creativity and improvement, it would be the end of humanity. Perfection means dictatorship.

6. Kamalesh050 profile image81
    Kamalesh050posted 7 years ago

A man can strive for perfection - who is stopping him ? But the fact is no matter how much he tries he will never attain 100% perfection.  It is impossible for anyone to be Perfect.

working